October 23, 2019, 04:52:59 PM

Poll

Anyone think this could be a career defying moment for Silva at Everton?

Yes
19 (22.9%)
No
64 (77.1%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Huddersfield v Everton  (Read 12598 times)

January 27, 2019, 07:50:01 AM
Read 12598 times

Ross

Humongous game given our recent form?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:44:26 PM by Shogun »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 27, 2019, 07:58:34 AM
Reply #1

Mayor Farnum

Not really. We're going to have a whole host of meaningless fixtures from now until the end of the season. This is just the first of many. I'm sure the players will talk about playing for pride and all that but when it comes down to it we're playing for nothing. We will have a mixed bag of results and I think Marco's on a hiding to nothing. He'll need to impress to save himself from the sack in the summer but when it comes down to it the season is over and the players know it.
If the players genuinely like him he will have a better chance but footballers don't really care as much as we'd like to think.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 27, 2019, 08:02:48 AM
Reply #2

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We’re away chief
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 27, 2019, 08:34:34 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn’t be shocked if he went here.

To be frank at this point I’d be more shocked if we won.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 27, 2019, 08:38:14 AM
Reply #4

sam of the south

I wouldn’t be shocked if he went here.

To be frank at this point I’d be more shocked if we won.

I’d be very shocked if he was canned anytime soon
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 27, 2019, 09:42:22 AM
Reply #5

bluenuck

There’s no more humongous games.

He’s not going anywhere this season. Unless we lose our next 6-7 in a row. Which we won’t.

It’s another ~45 point season finishing 9th-11th.

Next season we will look exactly the same and he will be canned mid December.   :(

January 27, 2019, 10:17:56 AM
Reply #6

Ross

We’re away chief
but we’re still Everton and they’re still Huddersfield aren’t they?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 27, 2019, 10:50:56 AM
Reply #7

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 27, 2019, 01:09:02 PM
Reply #8

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Think we know who the one vote is from.

January 27, 2019, 01:30:01 PM
Reply #9

Mac934

Think we know who the one vote is from.
I have also votes yes. Because, if we can't beat a Huddersfield team that are nosediving back to the Championship then who can we beat? I'm not saying he will be sacked if we lose, but it will go a long way towards it. If the players could put some effort in to it, we should beat these easily. Fuck sake, nearly everyone else is.

January 27, 2019, 01:52:32 PM
Reply #10

indiantoffee1975

New manager will drum it into his players and say these are absolute dogshite. Go out and turn them over.

January 27, 2019, 01:53:52 PM
Reply #11

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I have also votes yes. Because, if we can't beat a Huddersfield team that are nosediving back to the Championship then who can we beat? I'm not saying he will be sacked if we lose, but it will go a long way towards it. If the players could put some effort in to it, we should beat these easily. Fuck sake, nearly everyone else is.

Am not sure what a career “defying” moment is but will assume he means career defining moment for Silva, we may well lose, they may well get that “new manager bounce” that very often comes along, whatever the result it will not define Silva career, another three or four loses on the trot and maybe but not this one.

January 27, 2019, 02:01:43 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

Not really. We can’t be sacking him this season however shite we become. Unless we find ourselves within a couple of losses of the bottom three, then I expect he’d go.

I imagine Brands is already working on a short and long term list of replacements as we speak though. Which is a lot better than where we found ourselves last season.

January 27, 2019, 02:14:22 PM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It was the home game vs these that indicated the present troubles.

Susceptibility to set pieces and then not quite having enough to break a stubborn defence down.

January 27, 2019, 02:15:45 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
And it’s not meaningless.

If, however unlikely that seems now, we turn our form around we can still finish 7th which will probably still qualify for EL.