December 14, 2019, 10:18:51 PM

Author Topic: The run in...how many points?  (Read 6994 times)

April 06, 2019, 12:10:45 AM
Reply #75

Alanvideo

I can't get to night matches so , effectively , my season ends on April 21st. v.Man U.  Bugger.
We are special ,we are Everton.

April 06, 2019, 02:04:02 AM
Reply #76

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I can't get to night matches so , effectively , my season ends on April 21st. v.Man U.  Bugger.
Normally I'd be angry about this change, I do think it is incredibly thoughtless and ignores the needs of fans to plan ahead. But this time, just for once, it works for me and I can now get to a game I thought I'd miss.

I'm away for Easter and Saturday to Monday of the bank holiday weekend so this Sunday was to be my last home game but now I can go Friday night, phew (with huge apologies to all who've had travel plans screwed once again).
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

April 06, 2019, 01:39:51 PM
Reply #77

Toddacelli

Sign of the times. Our last Saturday 3pm home game was Wolves back on the 2nd of February. Three months without a traditional, Saturday 3pm home kick off.

Fuck. I know it might seem trivial to worry about this from my armchair like, but that's not good at all.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

April 07, 2019, 10:05:48 PM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 07, 2019, 10:23:37 PM
Reply #79

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yerrrsssss braps had a bevy
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 07, 2019, 10:25:16 PM
Reply #80

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yerrrsssss braps had a bevy

Haha well one and I'm planning a few more.

I'm drunk on big Marcos top 6 beating counter attacking blue boys.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 07, 2019, 11:01:08 PM
Reply #81

Cozzie

It would be totally Everton wont it to lose to Fulham now.

Nah. We will kill them.

Reckon we will also beat Burnley maybe draw against United possibly lose to Palace and Spurs. So I reckon about 53-55 points.

April 07, 2019, 11:02:28 PM
Reply #82

Shogun

Administrator
I doubt we’ll lose our next four home games, regardless of how good the opposition are.

Arsenal and Chelsea are teams we can beat at home.

This is my favourite thread

April 07, 2019, 11:11:49 PM
Reply #83

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It would be totally Everton wont it to lose to Fulham now.

Nah. We will kill them.

Reckon we will also beat Burnley maybe draw against United possibly lose to Palace and Spurs. So I reckon about 53-55 points.

We might do, away games not easy in general.

But since the big break we should have scored about 40 goals and reduced chances against to a terrible 45 vs Chelsea which was probably down to Pickford’s meltdown at Newcastle.

There have been some woeful performances from opponents but I think when that happens a few times you’ve got to assume that it’s because we’re making it hard to play against us.

We’re not doing mad running pressing but we’re good at closing the angles and the closing the space when it’s required

April 07, 2019, 11:13:21 PM
Reply #84

Gash

Global Moderator
This is my favourite thread

It's fun to read back now.

It's also a good reminder to myself why I don't get involved in them very often. :)

April 07, 2019, 11:24:11 PM
Reply #85

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We might do, away games not easy in general.

But since the big break we should have scored about 40 goals and reduced chances against to a terrible 45 vs Chelsea which was probably down to Pickford’s meltdown at Newcastle.

There have been some woeful performances from opponents but I think when that happens a few times you’ve got to assume that it’s because we’re making it hard to play against us.

We’re not doing mad running pressing but we’re good at closing the angles and the closing the space when it’s required

Look so much more comfortable in transitions both attacking and defending, maybe starting to see what Silvas Everton are all about.

April 07, 2019, 11:31:12 PM
Reply #86

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Look so much more comfortable in transitions both attacking and defending, maybe starting to see what Silvas Everton are all about.

It’ll be more obvious next year but has that break given the opportunity to learn exactly what he wants?

Don’t think you can discount the lack of preseason for Gomes, Bernard etc.

But being in and around 7th is difficult in that you need to be able to counter vs top teams but dominate (and win) vs dross)

It creates a difficult balance that consist dross or consistent quality doesn’t have to consider (and then the mindset of the crowd on top).

April 08, 2019, 01:44:23 PM
Reply #87

Paddockoldie

Buzzing at the moment. Taking my half manc, half scouser little fella the Burnley game. First ever match so hope the Old Lady does to him what it did to me all those years ago... Where did they go??
Can't wait for him to take it all in so hope we smash them with style. It's hard keeping him blue when City are what they are... I keep telling him you were born to be a blue son... He smiles and says "Dad, you're an idiot".. Maybe?