December 06, 2019, 07:27:30 PM

Author Topic: The run in...how many points?  (Read 6961 times)

February 11, 2019, 03:32:55 PM
Read 6961 times

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Takes a hell of a lot of pressure off if we win that Cardiff game but they do seem to have picked up recently

I think we will end up somewhere between 42 and 50 points and finish about 10th or 11th maybe

Will be happy with a derby win, no matter how flukey and the team developing some sort of identity

The seasons nearly done and we're still hoping for some cohesion and identity. It really beggars belief how bad the last 4-5 years have been, can't keep going like this can it?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 11, 2019, 04:49:11 PM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Is it just me or where we actually looking ok upto and including the derby?

Erm we were alright I think but results flattered performances a bit.

Most xg tables had us middle of the pack and that's about where we've balanced out to.

We definitely felt more reliable though and there had been one of two good showings. Genuinely feel like I don't know where the points will come from at the moment.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 11, 2019, 06:05:42 PM
Reply #2

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If you think about it, wasn't it actually the other way around at the start? We were 2-0 up against both Wolves and Bournemouth and managed to mess them up. I am sure there were 1 or 2 more performances where we have gone from looking like Man City to Man City under 9s.

No I think we by and large got what we deserved with the odd freak eg. We were crap against Leicester away but gylfi pulled that out of nowhere after doing fuck all else all day, we blamed refs a lot when we'd been giving up chances on the break left right and centre.

As I say the xg tables had us lower than our points suggested, and that's where we've ended up really.

Goes back to the stuff at the start of the season / the summer. We just don't have a very good side, and it's starting to look like koeman and Walsh put us even further back than originally feared.

Wasted a lot of time and a lot of money, and frankly I don't think a new manager or a new striker would be the cure, I think either way we're going to need more patience and more time to get our selves together and get rid of some of these terrible, fraudulent buys.

Don't mind hiring a new manager as long as they are good, but I just need good decision in general now or before we know it we will waste another year down the bog.

March 14, 2019, 05:18:23 PM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Right then, 3 games down, 4 points in. Possibly about where we thought?

Cardiff - 3
Liverpool - 1
Newcastle - 0

Still to come..

Chelsea
West Ham
Arsenal
Fulham
United
Palace
Burnley
Spurs

Reckon there could be another 7-8 points in that for us. The odd draw against the top 6 and a win against Fulham, maybe Burnley.

March 14, 2019, 06:05:35 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

March 31, 2019, 04:04:54 AM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

April 07, 2019, 10:05:48 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

April 07, 2019, 10:25:16 PM
Reply #7

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yerrrsssss braps had a bevy

Haha well one and I'm planning a few more.

I'm drunk on big Marcos top 6 beating counter attacking blue boys.

April 07, 2019, 11:24:11 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
We might do, away games not easy in general.

But since the big break we should have scored about 40 goals and reduced chances against to a terrible 45 vs Chelsea which was probably down to Pickford’s meltdown at Newcastle.

There have been some woeful performances from opponents but I think when that happens a few times you’ve got to assume that it’s because we’re making it hard to play against us.

We’re not doing mad running pressing but we’re good at closing the angles and the closing the space when it’s required

Look so much more comfortable in transitions both attacking and defending, maybe starting to see what Silvas Everton are all about.