January 26, 2020, 01:58:10 AM

Author Topic: Pickford  (Read 32023 times)

January 17, 2020, 12:25:53 AM
Reply #705

Waltzer

..............was that around the time Richard Wright tripped over a keep clear sign or something ?
Dunno, I remember a story of him falling out of a loft hatch and was then subsequently ruled out for a while! Had such high hopes when we signed him to and he was shit

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 17, 2020, 12:46:19 AM
Reply #706

ajax_andy

..............was that around the time Richard Wright tripped over a keep clear sign or something ?

It was a keep off the grass sign... He was a right clumsy bastard, and sadly absolutely shite too 🤣

January 17, 2020, 12:47:43 AM
Reply #707

ajax_andy

Was only on loan, around 2006 I think?  Think he played a couple of times, great times!!!

I might be wrong but I think he only played one game and we got hammered 4-0 with most of them being his fault... Grim times!

January 17, 2020, 01:38:38 AM
Reply #708

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
He played against Newcastle.

Nobby Solano scored a belter.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 19, 2020, 04:58:33 AM
Reply #709

Shogun

Administrator
I didn't see the game but highlights suggest he kept us in it at times today. I think he's had a pretty solid season considering we've been trash for most of it.

His decent performances get overlooked imo. All I hear about is how Nick Pope is an amazing keeper at Burnley and should be England number one but he made an absolute howler last week and I haven't seen it mentioned once.

Long live Pickers.
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

January 19, 2020, 05:46:50 AM
Reply #710

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Certainly kept us in it and was arguably motm.

Produced a stunning save just before half time too.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

January 19, 2020, 05:54:47 AM
Reply #711

AllyBlue14

It was a keep off the grass sign... He was a right clumsy bastard, and sadly absolutely shite too 🤣

And yet somehow ended up at City a few years ago. Bizarre. Absolute liability.

Shout out to Espen Baardsen too - played one match for us and we lost 4-3 to Spurs (think we had McBride on loan too). Baardsen retired after that match, aged 25, as he'd fallen out of love with the game. Once Everton touches you....

January 19, 2020, 12:32:21 PM
Reply #712

NickNack

I didn't see the game but highlights suggest he kept us in it at times today. I think he's had a pretty solid season considering we've been trash for most of it.

His decent performances get overlooked imo. All I hear about is how Nick Pope is an amazing keeper at Burnley and should be England number one but he made an absolute howler last week and I haven't seen it mentioned once.

Long live Pickers.
Pope has made several absolute howlers this season - Hes not been perfect by any means but Id have Pickford over Pope any day.

January 19, 2020, 01:44:05 PM
Reply #713

ajax_andy

Pope has made several absolute howlers this season - Hes not been perfect by any means but Id have Pickford over Pope any day.

More Clangers than cbeebies

January 20, 2020, 03:27:37 PM
Reply #714

Cereal Killer

And yet somehow ended up at City a few years ago. Bizarre. Absolute liability.

Shout out to Espen Baardsen too - played one match for us and we lost 4-3 to Spurs (think we had McBride on loan too). Baardsen retired after that match, aged 25, as he'd fallen out of love with the game. Once Everton touches you....

Espen Baardsen! Best..... keeper..... ever....

:hmph:

January 20, 2020, 03:47:58 PM
Reply #715

ajax_andy

Espen Baardsen! Best..... keeper..... ever....

:hmph:

I got him and Westerveld confused when I said the latter conceeded 4 on his one appearance for us... It was this clown, god he was bad 🤣

January 22, 2020, 04:04:48 AM
Reply #716

ajax_andy

Because it's been mentioned in the game thread I just wanted to chime in with the Pickford shouts...

First goal I've seen people say he flapped at it... He didn't imo, it's a good ball in, there's a huge fucker leaping with him (Schar?), He gets on it what he can.  It's not like he's come out miles for it and missed it, or got a weak hand on it, it's a super difficult ball to deal with, he can't punch it straight to the edge of the area because if he does that he hits it in to the Newcastle player.

Really difficult ball that, his punch was maybe not amazing, but again contact on it was massively hampered by a) the dangerous ball in, and b) the big player jumping with him. You see he can't get a run on it to gain spring in his jump, it's not far off a standing jump, so that's why having a huge player jumping with you makes it so hard.

No idea what he's doing behind the line for the 2nd but as it's not first phase of play it's difficult to follow live as there's too much going on, will try and remember to review that tomorrow and feedback.

1st goal imo not his fault, or at the worst not a big error that caused it... 2nd Davies horror show, take two steps back and clear the initial ball in instead of waiting / hoping Holgate will do it for him.  After that it's a melee where anything can happen.  Will check Pickford's involvement in it though properly before ruling out any errors on his part.

January 22, 2020, 04:11:57 AM
Reply #717

bigl1cks

Just admit it, he's too small. Nothing he can do about that is there.
anything but long ball!

January 22, 2020, 04:14:10 AM
Reply #718

Waltzer

Just admit it, he's too small. Nothing he can do about that is there.
I think that's the crux of it, it's no coincidence that regardless of manager and system we still cant defend corners or set pieces, it's an easy area to target

January 22, 2020, 04:15:28 AM
Reply #719

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think that's the crux of it, it's no coincidence that regardless of manager and system we still cant defend corners or set pieces, it's an easy area to target

We concede set pieces because we dont have enough aggressive players who can head the ball.