December 16, 2019, 10:36:46 AM

Author Topic: Most trophies won as league champions - where we stand  (Read 2288 times)

April 20, 2019, 04:55:08 PM
Reply #30

everton15

Villa though!

I know......this incs 5 league cups - great to win any trophy but fa cups/league titles are the cups with gravitas! nod

April 20, 2019, 05:02:54 PM
Reply #31

everton15

I still have it in my head -

1986 European Cup winners: Everton FC

Final: beat Barcelona 2-0 (Lineker, Mountfield)
have had a similar score in my head since then too! - barca weren't that great at the time and we have done them- carrying on our impetus from 1985 and our winning mentality

April 20, 2019, 08:24:29 PM
Reply #32

BlueForYou

Our name would have been on the cup that year and the final in Spain as well, but, alas NEC (No European Cup)!

1986-87 would have meant Liverpool and us in the competition with the final in Vienna, but, alas "It means nothing to me, this means nothing to me.................Oh Vienna"

The eighties re-imagined!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 20, 2019, 10:37:35 PM
Reply #33

Bluedylan

I defo still care about our trophy haul and reminding other fansí clubs that weíre the 4th most successful team.

I get that itís been a while and people are fed up hearing about history but thatís one of the main things that a club is. Itís all history. Winning the league last year or 100 years ago, they are both history and with the passage of time, theyíre both viewed the same.

Lots of massive clubs have gone through long fallow periods. Itís not like weíve spent 10 years in League 2.

Iím not really bothered whether other clubsí fans are knowledgeable enough to know about our history and our size as a club. It doesnít change anything and it doesnít alter my pride in the club one iota.

Thatís on them.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.