October 18, 2019, 01:05:29 AM

Author Topic: Most trophies won as league champions - where we stand  (Read 2142 times)

April 15, 2019, 01:35:27 PM
Reply #15

Mayor Farnum

Do you lot consider charity shields as trophies?

Obviously it's not considered a major trophy but you still have to qualify to play in it by either winning the league or the FA cup and then play a team over 90 mins for a prize.

For me it should be considered.

The reason I say this is because when I see these trophy tables it shows us having won 15 major honours, which is correct, 9 titles, 5 FA cups and the cup winners cup.

But we have won 9 charity shields which should see us on 24 really

Just wondered if others counted charity shields or not.

Used to count a lot in the seventies when liverpool used to win it, but not since. In fact the first I remember of it was when Howard Kendall referred to it as, "A pre-season game and a chance to get fit."

Never really counted.
Something clever written by someone else.

April 15, 2019, 07:12:13 PM
Reply #16

Ross

If it wasn’t for Forest or Palace in the Simod Cup things would look a whole lot better..
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 15, 2019, 07:38:05 PM
Reply #17

Macca77

If it wasn’t for Forest or Palace in the Simod Cup things would look a whole lot better..

Palace was the Zenith Data Systems Cup, was the Simod Cup the year before i think

Southall refusing to go up the Wembley steps to collect his losers medal still makes me laugh

April 15, 2019, 07:54:08 PM
Reply #18

Ross

Palace was the Zenith Data Systems Cup, was the Simod Cup the year before i think

Southall refusing to go up the Wembley steps to collect his losers medal still makes me laugh

Same horse different jockey.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 15, 2019, 08:17:11 PM
Reply #19

Macca77

Same horse different jockey.

Yep, just over 50,000 at Wembley for the final, pretty sure we only had only about 10,000, that's how arsed we was about it

April 15, 2019, 08:58:43 PM
Reply #20

BlueForYou

And the ScreenSports SuperCup, beaten over 2 legs by Liverpool in the final

About 20,000-25,000 for Anfield and Goodison!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 16, 2019, 12:40:36 PM
Reply #21

blue1948

What about the Liverpool floodlight challenge cup ? It was started when they were in the 2nd division to keep the derby going .If I remember right!

April 19, 2019, 04:48:08 PM
Reply #22

everton15

“4th most successful team in England? Hahahaha.....give over.”

“Get your phone out.”
the clue is in the title .........4th most successful in winning league titles

April 19, 2019, 05:07:10 PM
Reply #23

everton15

“4th most successful team in England? Hahahaha.....give over.”

“Get your phone out.”
.......and to clarify your comment for MOST successful teams ever in winning trophies - which incs league titles/fa cups/European cups etc but not charity/community shields... we are the 6th most successful - happy days

manu  42

shite 41

arsenal  30

chelsea 23

villa  20

EVERTON 15

man city  15

April 19, 2019, 05:41:10 PM
Reply #24

Mayor Farnum

.......and to clarify your comment for MOST successful teams ever in winning trophies - which incs league titles/fa cups/European cups etc but not charity/community shields... we are the 6th most successful - happy days

manu  42

shite 41

arsenal  30

chelsea 23

villa  20

EVERTON 15

man city  15

Villa though!
Something clever written by someone else.

April 19, 2019, 05:55:09 PM
Reply #25

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
City will surpass us this season and Chelsea in the next few I imagine.

Won’t be long before nine league titles and five FA cups doesn’t seem that impressive
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 19, 2019, 07:05:58 PM
Reply #26

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
City will surpass us this season and Chelsea in the next few I imagine.

Won’t be long before nine league titles and five FA cups doesn’t seem that impressive

It doesn't now to be honest. Nobody cares except us, and most of us probably don't.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 19, 2019, 07:20:36 PM
Reply #27

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
League titles still more impressive than league cups or whatever.

April 19, 2019, 07:21:58 PM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Villa though!

Think Villa have only 1 league and 1 FA cup post ww2.

EC as well obviously but as with everyone bar us, they’ve a handful of league cups.

April 19, 2019, 07:45:00 PM
Reply #29

BlueForYou

I still have it in my head -

1986 European Cup winners: Everton FC

Final: beat Barcelona 2-0 (Lineker, Mountfield)
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick