May 24, 2019, 11:47:30 AM

Author Topic: Mitrovic  (Read 4482 times)

May 18, 2019, 12:34:46 PM
Reply #60

Waltzer

Cheers for this link it's fucking gold!

I'm always asking folk on here for stats because I don't get to watch enough football outside of Everton - now I can do my own dirty work! :)

So I compared DCL and Mitro on the above link. A couple of things really stood out to me:

Mitrovic scored 11 of his goals from inside the box (6 with his head) compared to DCL's 5 (and 4 with his head). I think we need this quality in the team.

For all the praises of DCL's work-rate and hold up play - Mitrovic's figures are through the roof:

DCL  /  Mitrovic

Passes:  430  / 1,026
Pass completion%:  61  /  72
Passes forward:  118  /  212
Passes backward:  94  /  339
Touches:  802  /  1,684 

Twice as many touches as DCL. He did play 2 more games than DCL but that's nothing over a season. I found that quite impressive, although it does look as though maybe Fulham were playing everything up to him every single time.

My only thing with Mitrovic is that he doesn't really look like a footballer. He's another one like Grant Holt. Looks like a Sunday league player who turns up at the pub carpark with a hangover, stinking of booze at 9.00am and eating last night's pizza for breakfast. He just doesn't look healthy to me.
I want us to get Mitrovic, but you can't base your comparison on games, like you did. Yes Its only 2 games, but it's actually very different in minutes DCL played 1775 minutes, Mitrovic 3281. But I agree his ability in the air in both boxes would be a massive bonus

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 18, 2019, 12:37:21 PM
Reply #61

Toddacelli

I want us to get Mitrovic, but you can't base your comparison on games, like you did. Yes Its only 2 games, but it's actually very different in minutes DCL played 1775 minutes, Mitrovic 3281. But I agree his ability in the air in both boxes would be a massive bonus

Shit. Didn't think about the difference between appearances and minutes.

Sorry guys - I'm new to this stats game but hopefully you will see an upward trajectory and potential for return with a decrease in XG (expected gaffes).

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 18, 2019, 01:14:19 PM
Reply #62

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Shots per game is a generally a good indicator of at least you might score.

His is very good up with the top strikers.

Obviously with greater evidence/ ability to judge whether hed score more here itd be better.

May 18, 2019, 01:23:45 PM
Reply #63

Lxxx

From the few times I watched him he was having a go from all angles and distances, quite a few times selfishly with team-mates in better positions.

I can well imagine if you are playing in a team who are getting pumped every week your decision making probably wouldnt be as sound as it might be otherwise and youd feel a little frustrated which would show in your finishing.

The fact hes still up there having a go every week in a struggling team leads you to believe with better players around him those wayward stats might not look the same and hed be a good platform to play off for Bernard, Richy and Sig.

May 18, 2019, 01:26:01 PM
Reply #64

BlueNoseMike

Cheers for this link it's fucking gold!

I'm always asking folk on here for stats because I don't get to watch enough football outside of Everton - now I can do my own dirty work! :)

So I compared DCL and Mitro on the above link. A couple of things really stood out to me:

Mitrovic scored 11 of his goals from inside the box (6 with his head) compared to DCL's 5 (and 4 with his head). I think we need this quality in the team.

For all the praises of DCL's work-rate and hold up play - Mitrovic's figures are through the roof:

DCL  /  Mitrovic

Passes:  430  / 1,026
Pass completion%:  61  /  72
Passes forward:  118  /  212
Passes backward:  94  /  339
Touches:  802  /  1,684 

Twice as many touches as DCL. He did play 2 more games than DCL but that's nothing over a season. I found that quite impressive, although it does look as though maybe Fulham were playing everything up to him every single time.

My only thing with Mitrovic is that he doesn't really look like a footballer. He's another one like Grant Holt. Looks like a Sunday league player who turns up at the pub carpark with a hangover, stinking of booze at 9.00am and eating last night's pizza for breakfast. He just doesn't look healthy to me.

He played 2 more games than dcl but he played not far off double the minutes. So to see under or over double in stats is hardly a surprise is it?

I've looked at it myself and dcl scored 3 big chances and missed 7. Roughly half of mitrovic. Mitrovic gets more shots away but dcl better conversion rate (maybe more tactical with his shooting. Although the difference is nt massively more than double

I took from this that with the same minutes played dcl scores the same to mitrovic or outscored him. I wouldn't wanna be paying more than 20 mil tbh and there's potentially better out there in Europe

May 18, 2019, 01:27:34 PM
Reply #65

BlueNoseMike

He scored one more headed goal than dcl with double the minutes. Is he the upgrade we need? And at a cost of what 30 mil?

May 18, 2019, 01:57:51 PM
Reply #66

Waltzer

He scored one more headed goal than dcl with double the minutes. Is he the upgrade we need? And at a cost of what 30 mil?
But that's about delivery of crosses too, i dont think it stated headers missed? Look at the headed clearance to see how good he is in the air

May 18, 2019, 02:53:18 PM
Reply #67

BlueNoseMike

But that's about delivery of crosses too, i dont think it stated headers missed? Look at the headed clearance to see how good he is in the air

Fair point about deliveries. But to counter that you have consider the fact that Fulham conceded more corners and are on the back foot more than us and the minutes played I fail to see the massive upgrade. Especially when you look at duels in the air won.

May 18, 2019, 03:08:24 PM
Reply #68

fubarruk

Underwhelming, criminally slow over the ground, need pace up top, simple as that.

The days of big strong number 9 to lump it up to have gone, hes come along a decade too late.

May 18, 2019, 03:31:40 PM
Reply #69

everton15

happy with mitrovic -fits the bill here - even happier if we could tempt rondon from Newcastle?  :cheers:

May 18, 2019, 03:33:36 PM
Reply #70

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
happy with mitrovic -fits the bill here - even happier if we could tempt rondon from Newcastle?  :cheers:

You mean West Brom - hes only on loan at Newcastle.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 18, 2019, 03:39:32 PM
Reply #71

everton15

and look at the last player we signed up who had experience at west brom - he did ok  :thumbsup:

May 18, 2019, 03:48:27 PM
Reply #72

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
and look at the last player we signed up who had experience at west brom - he did ok  :thumbsup:

Drawing a blank here
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 18, 2019, 03:50:10 PM
Reply #73

gizzblue

Drawing a blank here

Gareth Barry?...was it .
Born not made a blue .

May 18, 2019, 03:50:58 PM
Reply #74

Escla

NSNO Subscriber