February 25, 2020, 06:49:47 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 54214 times)

February 15, 2020, 03:19:59 PM
Reply #1185

Waltzer

No, people moan about our wage bill when it's tied up with players that represent no value.
Just look at players like Garbutt that we can't shift as we gave him a contract he didn't really warrant. I'm not saying this will happen to DCL and I hope it doesn't, but to date there's more evidence to suggest this is a purple patch rather than the norm, give him an increase as that's what he deserves regardless, but 100k would be nuts

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 15, 2020, 03:41:32 PM
Reply #1186

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Calvert Lewin last season was worth a wage hike it's not like he wasn't a good player anyway, this is a hands off warning to others and I'm good with that

February 15, 2020, 03:49:16 PM
Reply #1187

Jamokachi

it's as daft giving a striker with one decent scoring patch £100k a week

Yea, I'm sure that's the reason.

February 15, 2020, 03:49:57 PM
Reply #1188

Jamokachi

Just look at players like Garbutt that we can't shift as we gave him a contract he didn't really warrant. I'm not saying this will happen to DCL and I hope it doesn't, but to date there's more evidence to suggest this is a purple patch rather than the norm, give him an increase as that's what he deserves regardless, but 100k would be nuts

Get in the bin.

February 15, 2020, 04:09:42 PM
Reply #1189

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Madness that this is being taken as gospel.

February 15, 2020, 04:24:49 PM
Reply #1190

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Madness that this is being taken as gospel.

Whatís being taken as gospel ?

February 15, 2020, 06:43:00 PM
Reply #1191

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
It still all adds up though, it's crazy to give DCL £100k a week at this stage, the wage bill is a HUGE  issue, it's as daft giving a striker with one decent scoring patch £100k a week as it is Schneiderlin, purely because it's unnecessary

It isnít crazy at all and weíre not offering him a contract because of a purple patch.

Offer him 60k all we want but that will get rejected and he knows he can get more at a bigger club than us.

Tying down our main man up top for five years on a good deal that will keep the big clubs away is exactly what we should be doing.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 15, 2020, 06:48:49 PM
Reply #1192

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
It isnít crazy at all and weíre not offering him a contract because of a purple patch.

Offer him 60k all we want but that will get rejected and he knows he can get more at a bigger club than us.

Tying down our main man up top for five years on a good deal that will keep the big clubs away is exactly what we should be doing.

Even giving him £100k wonít tie him down for five years if he fulfills his potential next year and starts scoring for fun but it would be one hell of a return on our investment if we did sell.

February 15, 2020, 08:47:07 PM
Reply #1193

ajax_andy

You're basing this on an assumption he'd go sit on the bench at say Man U for more money, than being first choice for us and continuing his development.

DCL doesn't strike me for one second a player whose going to move just for money, so whilst he deserves a pay rise it'd be pretty bat shit crazy to pay him £100k a week

Double his wages sure, pay him £100k a week? Absolutely not!

February 15, 2020, 09:26:42 PM
Reply #1194

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Even giving him £100k wonít tie him down for five years if he fulfills his potential next year and starts scoring for fun but it would be one hell of a return on our investment if we did sell.

I'm not sure his weekly wages matter all that much when looking to sell someone, other than the buying team being willing to at least match them, no?

I think it's more the length of the remaining current contract though now as I type this, it would seem the remaining total value of the player's wages should absolutely influence the asked for transfer fee.
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 15, 2020, 09:29:18 PM
Reply #1195

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
You're basing this on an assumption he'd go sit on the bench at say Man U for more money, than being first choice for us and continuing his development.

DCL doesn't strike me for one second a player whose going to move just for money, so whilst he deserves a pay rise it'd be pretty bat shit crazy to pay him £100k a week

Double his wages sure, pay him £100k a week? Absolutely not!

Not making any assumptions, itís basic football economics.

You have an asset, you invest money into it to protect its potential value.

We are lowballing him at 60k a week. If he accepts that we run the risk of losing him in a years time if he continues this run of form. Either that or we end up offering him a lot more than 100k to keep him here.

100k for him in this financial climate is perfectly reasonable and will keep the vultures away for the foreseeable future.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 15, 2020, 09:53:18 PM
Reply #1196

ajax_andy

Not making any assumptions, itís basic football economics.

You have an asset, you invest money into it to protect its potential value.

We are lowballing him at 60k a week. If he accepts that we run the risk of losing him in a years time if he continues this run of form. Either that or we end up offering him a lot more than 100k to keep him here.

100k for him in this financial climate is perfectly reasonable and will keep the vultures away for the foreseeable future.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, personally I think £100k a week is absolute madness for DCL right now.

February 15, 2020, 10:05:39 PM
Reply #1197

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
How much dya reckon you'd have to pay his replacement?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 15, 2020, 10:11:45 PM
Reply #1198

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

We already have him. ;)
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 15, 2020, 10:28:04 PM
Reply #1199

ajax_andy

About as hypothetical a question as you can get that.

It's based on an assumption he'd leave if we didn't pay him £100k a week, and would depend on if we signed a promising young player on say £40k a week, or an Aubumeyang style player on £150k a week (maybe not quite that standard as he's better than we could get).