December 06, 2019, 05:17:42 AM

Author Topic: Alex Iwobi  (Read 35777 times)

October 18, 2019, 02:03:13 PM
Reply #735

sam of the south

do i have an ally here?  There not all shit. Just an odd manager not playing them right. But  we have a very strange mix of sqad who show very little passion, like there on an ego trip all the time.  Which is why we  wont win nothing too soon. It's the same every year. 35 years 1 trophy. Says it all rearly.

What do you think of Phil Neville?
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

October 18, 2019, 08:34:53 PM
Reply #736

Easterblue1975

You are a bit extreme but I'm coming around to the idea that our squad isn't very good. There's no doubt that we should be doing better then we are though.  I have actually considered whether we could get relegated this season. It's odd because at same time I do trust Marcel Brands.
we won't get relegated. Trust me!  For some strange reason iam pretty well spot on when it comes to predicting our outcome. I was right about martinez and koeman. And had alot of patience for moyes. Yes our squad could do better so long its not  the usual formation. Kean needs to start. Bernard and digne , davies instead of snidy sod. And why not give this antony guy a start? ( can't remember his full name)! This is the first time in 22 years i haven't renewed our memberships. And i travel 550 mile round  trip at a cost of around £400 per game. It's no wonder i get pissed with this club. I think I'm entitled to my opinions albeit a little OTT. the name calling I've been subjected to is almost on the bullying type. So i give what i get.

October 20, 2019, 06:56:59 AM
Reply #737

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Everything he did today was what I was looking forward to seeing him do in blue.

Getting the team on the front foot, showing for the ball between the lines, creating chances with quality passes in the final third.

He's a tidy link player miscast as a pacey winger.

Keep him in the middle of the pitch and we will be a much better side for it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 20, 2019, 07:08:35 AM
Reply #738

Heisenberg

Really not keen on him on the wing but thought he looked very good in the middle today. Linked play well

October 20, 2019, 02:05:43 PM
Reply #739

KoemansNumberTens

He’s such a good player. Everything wasn’t perfect yesterday but he’s constantly showing for it. Constantly looking to go past people or create something. The energy we got from all our attacking players yesterday was fantastic. We have to start solely with the players that want the ball, want to interchange and want to make things happen

October 20, 2019, 02:18:43 PM
Reply #740

kerryblue boy

Played really well can take a ball under pressure and keep it only downside he should score that glorious chance

October 20, 2019, 03:15:12 PM
Reply #741

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's going to have games were he loses the ball a lot but he's always trying something and we need to bear with him during those games as he does some great stuff

October 20, 2019, 04:45:52 PM
Reply #742

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Played really well can take a ball under pressure and keep it only downside he should score that glorious chance
Every player misses glorious chances. Remember the glorious chance Sig missed against Palace on the opening day?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

October 20, 2019, 05:57:54 PM
Reply #743

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
https://twitter.com/TheWeiglRole/status/1185671394551570432?s=09

Individual highlights, look at how involved he is in the attack.

He scores and its a MOTM performance, 100% agree with si on that one.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 20, 2019, 06:06:15 PM
Reply #744

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Plays the game side on which always a huge positive for a player in that position
Simply simply lovely

October 20, 2019, 06:27:26 PM
Reply #745

ally2

I like him but it scares me how shite that finish was yesterday. One on one with the keeper with the whole goal to aim for and he hits it arm height just off centre at the keeper. Let's call it a one-off then.

October 20, 2019, 06:29:56 PM
Reply #746

Lxxx

Disappointed it has taken until a must win game to get him in the centre amongst other footballers.

October 20, 2019, 07:36:36 PM
Reply #747

Heisenberg

https://twitter.com/TheWeiglRole/status/1185671394551570432?s=09

Individual highlights, look at how involved he is in the attack.

He scores and its a MOTM performance, 100% agree with si on that one.

I can take the bad side of a players game if they’re willing to involve themselves this much. This performance is pretty much how we’ve always wanted Gyilfi to play. Make yourself available, pass forward with intent

October 20, 2019, 09:08:47 PM
Reply #748

Dr. Sponge

He passes the ball like Pires - as in the inside of his foot most of the time and with little back lift. Hard to read for the opposition. Really liked him central, his link up play goes wasted on the wing.

October 20, 2019, 09:34:52 PM
Reply #749

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I like him but it scares me how shite that finish was yesterday. One on one with the keeper with the whole goal to aim for and he hits it arm height just off centre at the keeper. Let's call it a one-off then.
Sig missed an identical chance against Palace on the opening day of the season.

But he’s never be reknowned as a finisher. Hope that can improve with age. It’s not his primary role though like it is for someone like DCL for example.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama