December 06, 2019, 08:01:21 PM

Author Topic: Bernard  (Read 20751 times)

November 21, 2019, 04:54:32 PM
Reply #345

Jamokachi

I get all that, it's just that there's no difference now compared to the past. Outside of the club fans are exposed to daily, hourly updates and I think that unfairly impacts expectations of the club.

November 21, 2019, 04:59:53 PM
Reply #346

AllyBlue14

I get all that, it's just that there's no difference now compared to the past. Outside of the club fans are exposed to daily, hourly updates and I think that unfairly impacts expectations of the club.

Yeah. it does. As far as I'm concerned, the club can be as communicative (or not) as they like during the week.
But that's not the same as asking for a progress report on a player nearing a return from injury in a weekly press conference.

November 21, 2019, 05:01:36 PM
Reply #347

Jamokachi

Yeah. it does. As far as I'm concerned, the club can be as communicative (or not) as they like during the week.
But that's not the same as asking for a progress report on a player nearing a return from injury in a weekly press conference.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, because I think it is.

November 21, 2019, 05:08:52 PM
Reply #348

AllyBlue14

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, because I think it is.

It's not an hourly update though, is it?!
It's asking the manager, in his one routinely scheduled weekly press conference (excluding post-match), to give a few words on the injured players. If there's nothing to report, then just say as much. If he doesn't want to give to much away, just say "Bernard is progressing well and we hope to have him available soon".

If you're not a season ticket holder and are trying to plan when to take your lad to the match, if his favourite player is injured you're probably going to want to wait until he's back.

November 21, 2019, 07:16:27 PM
Reply #349

Macca77

And just like that an injury update appears

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1197494271928082432

November 21, 2019, 07:18:42 PM
Reply #350

Waltzer

And just like that an injury update appears

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1197494271928082432

Evenor sounds like some type of shampoo brand!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 21, 2019, 07:24:58 PM
Reply #351

Macca77

Evenor sounds like some type of shampoo brand!

Leave's your hair dandruff free and looking silky, get Evenor, get the Andre Gomes look

November 21, 2019, 07:26:38 PM
Reply #352

Waltzer

Leave's your hair dandruff free and looking silky, get Evenor, get the Andre Gomes look
Id buy it, although it would be miracle juice to get my bald head looking like Andre!

November 21, 2019, 09:37:46 PM
Reply #353

YankeeBlue214

Heís way more important to us vs the big teams as his workrate for a flair player is unbelievable.

Would obviously like him back as soon as possible but not the end of the world if he misses this weekend.

Either way, pressure has eased up on Silva so Sig is now back at number 10 and itís probably an either/or with Bernard/Iwobi

Disagree. There's still plenty of pressure; the last thing Silva, and subsequently Everton, needs is dropping any points before LC / Liverpool / Arsenal / LC again (Cup) / Chelsea / United. The momentum earned by the 3 pts (and thus undefeated in 4; only 1 garbage loss to Brighton away from undefeated in 6) can't be understated IMO.

I also don't quite understand the "Sig is now back at 10" sentiments. We have 3 forwards playing decent-to-well enough in Ritchie / DCL (or please god Kean / Walcott. Iwobi belongs in the 10. Not saying Marco is as smart as I am ( ;) ) but we certainly have the ability to avoid Sig starting again.

That said, Bernard/Gomes/Gbamin out may force his hand. I suppose Delph being fit (no idea if he is) could change Silva's mindset, but man do I pray Sigurdsson isn't starting.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 21, 2019, 09:39:34 PM
Reply #354

YankeeBlue214

True. But you know what else is important? Trade secretes and keeping your opponents guessing. Not everything is about us.

The Bill Belichick approach; no one has any clue who's injured or not before playing the Patriots.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 22, 2019, 02:49:57 AM
Reply #355

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Well, we can only be dreadful when measured against ours peers, not the whims of our fans. You might think we're terrible, but is that reality or is it just measured against what you want.

This sin't a dig, I'm just trying to be realistic, and play devils advocate.

Adhere to my whims or get to fuck jamo