February 19, 2020, 07:03:39 PM

Author Topic: Sidibe  (Read 8176 times)

November 10, 2019, 11:10:29 PM
Reply #45

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Oh no shit, didn't know you were here. Whereabouts if you don't mind me asking?
Think we had this conversation before. Im in south Jersey. Not far from Gotham City.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

November 10, 2019, 11:13:44 PM
Reply #46

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Think we had this conversation before. Im in south Jersey. Not far from Gotham City.

Lol we probably did. Another Jerseyan, nice. 🤝 In the event we didn't, I'm about 40 miles due west of Manhatten (Morristown).
"Hes a thread killer. Like the threads are technically active but he seems to suck the life out of them. Hes high maintenance and I think my type of personality is massively turned off by that sort of annoying antics."

"Yeah, i kinda gone right off Yankee. Annoying."

November 10, 2019, 11:14:20 PM
Reply #47

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Lol we probably did. Another Jerseyan, nice. 🤝 In the event we didn't, I'm about 40 miles due west of Manhatten (Morristown).
Near Springfield? Have a client up there.

The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

November 10, 2019, 11:34:47 PM
Reply #48

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Near Springfield? Have a client up there.

Not far at all, maybe 20 minutes slightly northwest. I used to buy all my wine at The Wine Library. From there it's basically a straight drive up 24.

You ever want to watch a match, lmk! Id surely be up for it.
"Hes a thread killer. Like the threads are technically active but he seems to suck the life out of them. Hes high maintenance and I think my type of personality is massively turned off by that sort of annoying antics."

November 10, 2019, 11:59:43 PM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He’s got 4 years before any decline, regardless of injury record. 4 years is a fucking long time in football.

OK, thats not how I see it to be honest. Not how Brands sees it either from his comments, but I can understand why I constantly have this discussion with people on here who say 27 is a great time to sink money into a deprecating asset who is as good as he will ever be with a horrible injury in his recent past.

That sounds like a fine idea and absolutely not at all like the poor decisions we've been making for the last couple of years leaving us with a bloated squad of slowly deteriorating players on big wages that nobody with any sense would buy off us for anything approaching breaking even let alone profit.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 10, 2019, 11:59:57 PM
Reply #50

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not far at all, maybe 20 minutes slightly northwest. I used to buy all my wine at The Wine Library. From there it's basically a straight drive up 24.

You ever want to watch a match, lmk! I'd surely be up for it.
The Wine Library. Gary Vee?

Sounds good for a meet up sometime.

November 11, 2019, 12:00:50 AM
Reply #51

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
OK, thats not how I see it to be honest. Not how Brands sees it either from his comments, but I can understand why I constantly have this discussion with people on here who say 27 is a great time to sink money into a deprecating asset who is as good as he will ever be with a horrible injury in his recent past.

That sounds like a fine idea and absolutely not at all like the poor decisions we've been making for the last couple of years leaving us with a bloated squad of slowly deteriorating players on big wages that nobody with any sense would buy off us for anything approaching breaking even let alone profit.

Sounds like youve just got no standards mate.

November 11, 2019, 12:29:14 AM
Reply #52

GrantyBoy78

Because youre paying for someone who can actually do whats asked of them and who improves us. You cant have a team of potentially great players (Kean), who dont actually offer anything on the pitch at the present time.

Of course I agree with Brands philosophy of buying young talent that can improve and grow in value. I just dont see how buying a 27 year old for 12m has anything to do with having previously paid over the odds for Sigurdsson and Bolasie.

November 11, 2019, 01:06:53 AM
Reply #53

bigdunc9

Agree with this.
I thought he was quite bad yesterday, until the cross which was extremely good like.

Not sold on him yet.

November 11, 2019, 01:46:21 AM
Reply #54

sam of the south

He played one game in the World Cup.

Kleberson was a World Cup winner.

Can people please stop saying it like he won the cup on his own.

Yeah, its like saying all the Greece 2004 squad were ballers because they won the Euros.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 11, 2019, 01:48:41 AM
Reply #55

sam of the south

Doubt they could afford the $100k plus a week that he gets at Everton, they could have Darren Gibson though for a packet of fruit gums and a Mars bar.

Better at least make that wine gums for Gibbo.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

November 11, 2019, 02:01:40 AM
Reply #56

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
The Wine Library. Gary Vee?

Sounds good for a meet up sometime.

That's the one!

November 11, 2019, 02:16:07 AM
Reply #57

Dr. Sponge

Haha is a World Cup winner  better than kenny who really didn't look very good when he played last season? I'll go with probably
Yeah Griezmann, Pogba, Mbappe and Kante would have struggled to clinch the World Cup without Sidibe's arse warming the bench.

It's a legitimate question, with Kenny doing very well out on loan in the Bundesliga. There is a reason Sidibe has been loaned out too... from Ligue 1.

November 11, 2019, 02:45:22 AM
Reply #58

Bluedylan

I think he's decent, and still think he was a good rotation option on loan.

My main issue is that our first choice RB is no longer good enough, and for me, bar the odd game, hasn't been for quite some time, and I still don't see young Jonj making it at Prem level on the evidence I've seen at Everton (haven't watched him at Schalke).

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

November 11, 2019, 03:13:29 AM
Reply #59

KoemansNumberTens

Yeah Griezmann, Pogba, Mbappe and Kante would have struggled to clinch the World Cup without Sidibe's arse warming the bench.

It's a legitimate question, with Kenny doing very well out on loan in the Bundesliga. There is a reason Sidibe has been loaned out too... from Ligue 1.

Kenny was pretty crap last season. Hes miles behind both him and Coleman from what weve actually seen of him. Yes kenny is apparently doing well in Germany but Im still doubtful hes going to be good enough because he wasnt close last season