November 15, 2019, 02:56:41 AM

Author Topic: Sidibe  (Read 2524 times)

November 11, 2019, 04:59:32 AM
Reply #60

Omar

Think we had this conversation before. Iím in south Jersey. Not far from Gotham City.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Eh, fuhgetaboutit!
You come at the king, you best not miss.

November 11, 2019, 09:18:17 AM
Reply #61

Toffee_4_Life

Think I'd rather go for the other french right back in the league - Guilbert at Villa.

I mean that's only based on the 3 or 4 games I've seen him but really like him as a modern fullback. One of my mates is a season ticket holder at villa and said he was the best player all pre season too and all the fans were raging when he didn't start the first game this season.

November 11, 2019, 11:43:58 AM
Reply #62

GrantyBoy78

Think I'd rather go for the other french right back in the league - Guilbert at Villa.

I mean that's only based on the 3 or 4 games I've seen him but really like him as a modern fullback. One of my mates is a season ticket holder at villa and said he was the best player all pre season too and all the fans were raging when he didn't start the first game this season.
He does look decent, would cost big beans now though.

November 11, 2019, 03:52:39 PM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Because youíre paying for someone who can actually do whatís asked of them and who improves us. You canít have a team of potentially great players (Kean), who donít actually offer anything on the pitch at the present time.

Of course I agree with Brandsí philosophy of buying young talent that can improve and grow in value. I just donít see how buying a 27 year old for £12m has anything to do with having previously paid over the odds for Sigurdsson and Bolasie.

Think its a bit mad how sold you are on him.

There's time yet like but unless he really shows himself to be a top top right back I just don't see the point in settling for a player that age.

How you don't see the disconnect in what you're sayjng I don't know. it's still 12m. We need to be smarter, we cant keep going 'oh well he does a job doesn't he' and burning money on players that aren't going to give anything back to the club beyond a few years of post-peak football.

Listen if he blows us all away then fine, but I don't think we're at the point where we should be settling for players and giving them their last 4 year contracts.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 11, 2019, 04:27:50 PM
Reply #64

boothill

Hes been way more hit than miss for shalke BD.  saying that,  probably had is poorest game on saturday since the bayern munich match earlier in season.  Has been young player of the month also. At 22 got a bit of time to correct imperfections and germany is helping him
I think he's decent, and still think he was a good rotation option on loan.

My main issue is that our first choice RB is no longer good enough, and for me, bar the odd game, hasn't been for quite some time, and I still don't see young Jonj making it at Prem level on the evidence I've seen at Everton (haven't watched him at Schalke).

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

November 11, 2019, 06:21:21 PM
Reply #65

74Blue

Doubt they could afford the $100k plus a week that he gets at Everton, they could have Darren Gibson though for a packet of fruit gums and a Mars bar.
I'm not sure there's a team in the MLS that could afford Darron Gibson's bar bill.

November 11, 2019, 06:53:16 PM
Reply #66

Hesmenos

I've watched a few Schalke games this season in order to watch how Kenny is doing. He's been very good, especially the attacking part of his game. He's developed a really good through ball which I don't remember him having, although maybe there just wasn't anyone there for him to pass to with us.
What's been interesting though is that he seems to be playing further up the pitch. Still at right back but when defending (especially on the counter attack) the DM on his side is often behind him and is the one picking up his winger. I don't know if this is just the way Wagner likes to play, or it is something he has devised to counter Kenny's lack of positional sense when defending.

November 12, 2019, 06:29:41 AM
Reply #67

Thornton_19

He never seems to be in a good position defensively. Think he will get murdered by good teams for his lack of positional sense.

November 12, 2019, 07:35:58 AM
Reply #68

YankeeBlue214

He never seems to be in a good position defensively. Think he will get murdered by good teams for his lack of positional sense.

Tough to say, his strengths are obviously at pressing high, and vision. But I think he gets unfairly called out for his defensive abilities.

Check out his dashboard from the Soton match:

From a defensive perspective, the green + signs are ball recoveries, the green Xs are successful tackles (the orange ones are unsuccessful), a green O is a clearance, a green diamond is an interception. Lastly, the 2 black triangles on the edge of our area are fouls he committed, and the 3 white ones were fouls committed on him.

While there isn't any way to truly measure positioning, if there were mistakes that led to shots or goals they'd be indicated by large yellow or blue octagons. You could argue the 2 fouls he committed in their attacking third were because he was out of position. I could take a deeper look to see if any other Everton players had more activity in what would normally be his area, but on the whole, Sidibe is just fine at playing defense.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 12, 2019, 07:40:29 AM
Reply #69

YankeeBlue214

Dupe
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:52:00 AM by YankeeBlue214 »
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana

November 12, 2019, 08:37:04 AM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not having him just yet myself.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 12, 2019, 11:58:45 AM
Reply #71

GrantyBoy78

Thereís much more variety to his attacking play, than Coleman and he gets up and down the pitch more effectively.

He does push up high but usually has the pace to get back. He has been caught out a few times though. Itís up to Silva to reign him in if he thinks heís out of position too often.

November 12, 2019, 06:30:56 PM
Reply #72

MmmblueBernard

Nice chap. Good cross on him. Has the turning circle of the Graf Spee so needs to learn to not get too close to his man.

In some aspects heís better than Coleman. In others, not as good so for me he is not the complete upgrade we should be looking for. Decent player for sure though.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

November 12, 2019, 06:43:19 PM
Reply #73

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
I haven't seen enough to convince me either way with him. I've only seen the website hghlights, the ball for Richarlison at the weekend was perfect. But, against Spurs, I thought he turned back or inside every chance he had to cross. Defensively, he inspires me no more than Coleman this season.

It is a bit early and maybe a few more games will see him improve. Right now, he's an ok replacement but not someone I'd want to see us invest in.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

November 14, 2019, 10:24:20 AM
Reply #74

Heisenberg

Makes me just as nervous defensively as Coleman. But his crosses arenít gravity defying floaters so itís a big yes for big sib from me.