April 04, 2020, 10:01:04 AM

Author Topic: Sidibe  (Read 8619 times)

November 18, 2019, 09:24:56 PM
Reply #15

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

November 18, 2019, 09:55:09 PM
Reply #16

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

holy shit I laughed probably way too hard at this

November 19, 2019, 12:13:56 AM
Reply #17

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Frankly just isn't that mega money in the city.

Great to live in when you're 21 and want a bevy and a shag every weekend, but what do you do if you're a millionaire here. There's about 10 high end shops and that's probably 5 too many.

Really? I have this impression of Liverpool being pretty modern & cosmopolitan. Isn't it England's 2nd-largest city?

November 19, 2019, 12:31:37 AM
Reply #18

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
If only you had access to a global system of interconnected computer networks that held all know information...

November 19, 2019, 01:04:48 AM
Reply #19

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Itís modern and cosmopolitan in parts but Manchester is streets ahead of it.

Itís not really a place for the rich people to live. They all go to places like Cheshire  and Manchester.

Still so foreign to me, no pun intended. I've only visited London (3x), and only been to Oxfordshire twice for a client. Outside of the UK, I've only been to Germany, and you know they have a bunch of big, modern cities too. But nowhere else. Obviously the U.S. is huge by comparison, but most individual states have a big, cosmopolitan city if not more than 1.

November 19, 2019, 01:21:32 AM
Reply #20

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I thought most players in the North West lived in the Manchester/Cheshire area anyway?

I don't think I'd live in the city I played in.

for the NYC-area sports teams, the younger players love to live right in Manhattan, but the family-types tend to move to the wealthy suburbs (northern NJ, southern Westchester County/Connecticut, western Long Island) to live in gated mansions.

November 19, 2019, 01:52:52 AM
Reply #21

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Chicago kinda reminded me of Liverpool.

People who move here tend to love it, and it is a beautiful city with lots going for it, but it's not made for rich people really.

Quite a white city too.

well that ain't Chicago lol

:badum:

November 19, 2019, 08:56:50 PM
Reply #22

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I think we're missing a bit in translation. Even reading the English version I'm not sure why people are offended. His use of the word sad is clearly not meant to be perjorative. He says it's going well and he's acclimatising. It's, what, 4 paragraphs to sum up how he's doing? I think we can cut him some slack given the change in environment, language, etc.

Liverpool is a wonderful city though!

It's 2019, the bar for outrage is low indeed.

November 23, 2019, 06:54:11 PM
Reply #23

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

November 23, 2019, 07:55:29 PM
Reply #24

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Sidibe is quite a bit better than Coleman.  Marco has several difficult decisions to make, but this ain't one of 'em.

Basically just the striker / 3 attacking mids really, right? With injuries, I don't think he has much of a decision to make around the 2 holding/defensive mids; it'll be Schneiderlin & Davies.

December 10, 2019, 10:18:07 PM
Reply #25

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Glad you pointed that out ^^^^

Sidibe leads Everton in assists, chances & big chances created, key passes, tackles & interceptions per game based on 90 minutes (and is substantially higher than Coleman in all categories). He's also 4th in xA (and 2nd in xA per 90). Both these numbers have actually gone down considerably as he continues to pile up assists, meaning the "expected" assist are actually becoming assists as Richarlison finishes more of them. Great stuff.

I checked because I wanted to see how he's doing compared to Kenny. He leads Kenny in all categories too (except goals; Kenny had that one pearler from a set piece in Schalke's 2nd or 3rd game). Though to be fair, he doesn't lead him by all that much. Kenny's having what would be considered a great season too, so we may be in a best case scenario, especially considering we have a locked-in option to buy Sidibe at only around £13m.

December 10, 2019, 10:29:19 PM
Reply #26

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

December 10, 2019, 10:34:59 PM
Reply #27

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Itís a reference to Martinez believing that Baines could become a CM based on Lahm being converted into a rather good one.

ahhhh

like I know anything from his term lol

December 12, 2019, 02:36:27 AM
Reply #28

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Trouble is with Digne injured we need him back at left back now.

speaking of...have we got an update there? and while we're at it...on Mina/Holgate as well? FFS, you're in at back, Blargy