Author Topic: Sidibe  (Read 7820 times)

November 23, 2019, 06:20:18 PM
Reply #150

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but you're old
Yep. 48 going on 80.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

November 23, 2019, 06:54:11 PM
Reply #151

YankeeBlue214

~Nil Satis Nisi Optimum for life (well, for however long is left)~

Bit embarrassing how many threads say "Last post by YankeeBlue214."

November 23, 2019, 07:51:19 PM
Reply #152

Evertonian in NC

Sidibe is quite a bit better than Coleman.  Marco has several difficult decisions to make, but this ain't one of 'em.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

November 23, 2019, 07:55:29 PM
Reply #153

YankeeBlue214

Sidibe is quite a bit better than Coleman.  Marco has several difficult decisions to make, but this ain't one of 'em.

Basically just the striker / 3 attacking mids really, right? With injuries, I don't think he has much of a decision to make around the 2 holding/defensive mids; it'll be Schneiderlin & Davies.

December 10, 2019, 07:33:31 PM
Reply #154

GrantyBoy78

Think he deserves a mention for his performance against Chelsea. MotM.

Thats 3 assists in 5 games. A strong, modern fullback. He gets caught upfield a bit but you can accommodate that, as Schneiderlein did on Saturday, by dropping in.

He should get better as he settles.

December 10, 2019, 07:36:52 PM
Reply #155

Waltzer

That's 3 assists in 5 games. A strong, modern fullback. He gets caught upfield a bit but you can accommodate that, as Schneiderlein did on Saturday, by dropping in.

I know it was different managers but when you add the fact he was dragged off after 30 mins within the previous game is also testament to his character, thought he's done really well of late

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

December 10, 2019, 08:12:29 PM
Reply #156

dazfrancis

Thats 3 assists in 5 games. A strong, modern fullback. He gets caught upfield a bit but you can accommodate that, as Schneiderlein did on Saturday, by dropping in.

His tackling stats are pretty good too

https://twitter.com/EFC_Statto/status/1204381792658173955

December 10, 2019, 10:18:07 PM
Reply #157

YankeeBlue214

Glad you pointed that out ^^^^

Sidibe leads Everton in assists, chances & big chances created, key passes, tackles & interceptions per game based on 90 minutes (and is substantially higher than Coleman in all categories). He's also 4th in xA (and 2nd in xA per 90). Both these numbers have actually gone down considerably as he continues to pile up assists, meaning the "expected" assist are actually becoming assists as Richarlison finishes more of them. Great stuff.

I checked because I wanted to see how he's doing compared to Kenny. He leads Kenny in all categories too (except goals; Kenny had that one pearler from a set piece in Schalke's 2nd or 3rd game). Though to be fair, he doesn't lead him by all that much. Kenny's having what would be considered a great season too, so we may be in a best case scenario, especially considering we have a locked-in option to buy Sidibe at only around 13m.

December 10, 2019, 10:26:37 PM
Reply #158

sam of the south

Glad you pointed that out ^^^^

Sidibe leads Everton in assists, chances & big chances created, key passes, tackles & interceptions per game based on 90 minutes (and is substantially higher than Coleman in all categories). He's also 4th in xA (and 2nd in xA per 90). Both these numbers have actually gone down considerably as he continues to pile up assists, meaning the "expected" assist are actually becoming assists as Richarlison finishes more of them. Great stuff.

I checked because I wanted to see how he's doing compared to Kenny. He leads Kenny in all categories too (except goals; Kenny had that one pearler from a set piece in Schalke's 2nd or 3rd game). Though to be fair, he doesn't lead him by all that much. Kenny's having what would be considered a great season too, so we may be in a best case scenario, especially considering we have a locked-in option to buy Sidibe at only around 13m.

I reckon Coleman can become a CM..

:whistle:

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

December 10, 2019, 10:29:19 PM
Reply #159

YankeeBlue214

December 10, 2019, 10:32:19 PM
Reply #160

sam of the south

Its a reference to Martinez believing that Baines could become a CM based on Lahm being converted into a rather good one.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

December 10, 2019, 10:34:59 PM
Reply #161

YankeeBlue214

Its a reference to Martinez believing that Baines could become a CM based on Lahm being converted into a rather good one.

ahhhh

like I know anything from his term lol

December 12, 2019, 12:48:03 AM
Reply #162

Juanito

Some of us got it!

December 12, 2019, 01:23:03 AM
Reply #163

eyesalwaysblue

Have wondered about Calvert Lewin being tried in midfield..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 12, 2019, 01:29:58 AM
Reply #164

sam of the south

Have wondered about Calvert Lewin being tried in midfield..

He used to be one.
Henry David Thoreau