November 20, 2017, 09:45:04 PM

Author Topic: Everton vs BATE Borisov  (Read 22362 times)

December 18, 2009, 02:50:39 AM
Reply #60

Derek

When you see this foreign lot, we complain about British referees way too much.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

December 18, 2009, 02:51:15 AM
Reply #61

Gash

Global Moderator
Yakubu looks like he could care less out there, this is a training match for him... he'll probably score 2 now

I was just thinking that. I'm wondering if he thinks he should be in the stand rather than running around with kids. Good chance for him to get 90mins, but doesn't honestly look arsed.

December 18, 2009, 02:54:17 AM
Reply #62

sharpattack

Osman might as well not have turned up. Brings memories back of how shit he is
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 18, 2009, 02:55:37 AM
Reply #63

Gash

Global Moderator
Not a bad half. Plenty endevour with out much craft. A good run out for the players. Coleman the stand out for the 1st half.

December 18, 2009, 02:56:38 AM
Reply #64

cantoffee

I was just thinking that. I'm wondering if he thinks he should be in the stand rather than running around with kids. Good chance for him to get 90mins, but doesn't honestly look arsed.

That's what I was thinking, he'd rather be with the other first teamers. I really don't think he's the best striker for Agard to learn from. I think he's a great finisher, but his link up play is fairly average and his finishing is natural it's not something he can teach to others.

December 18, 2009, 02:57:00 AM
Reply #65

Ridge

Coleman has been fantastic defensively, he looks like real quality again, but for different reasons than the spurs performance.

I think Duffy and Bidwell have played well, hardly put a foot wrong. Baxter looks most likely to do something going forward, but that's not saying much.

December 18, 2009, 02:57:57 AM
Reply #66

Chris

Administrator
Would like to see us try and keep the ball in the middle of the park better.

Yak's not really interested, could think about shoving Nathan Craig on and played Jose alongside Agard.

December 18, 2009, 02:58:03 AM
Reply #67

Sensei

Woke up 510 for this, and the most interesting thing so far has been that there was a pretty decent earthquake here about 20 minutes ago...

December 18, 2009, 02:58:41 AM
Reply #68

Thom

Administrator
Training match for us, really. All the youngsters are doing pretty well though. Baxter and Ahard have put themselves about well. Wish Yakubu would look up for it a bit more though.

December 18, 2009, 02:58:49 AM
Reply #69

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
That was decent enough, and all of the young lads have done at least ok which is nice.  Coleman looks a cut above though, we need to get the ball down the right flank more often.  Agard looks lively, Baxter has looked good in spells, and Akpan certainly looks like he wants to play football.  Duffy, Forshaw and Bidwell all decent as well.

December 18, 2009, 03:03:13 AM
Reply #70

Endless, Nameless

Ironically, the two worst perfomers so far have been Osman and the Yak...
Coleman looks class again, Agard is impressive, Bidwell has been very good (considering his age), Apkan looks solid, Baxter looks assured (borderline cocky), Duffy looks like a proper CB, Forshaw (despite being one of two player I'd never heard of today) has looked pretty darn good... Am I missing any?

Anyway, I'm rolling my eyes at Rodwell.. Typical that with our young reserve team out one of the few first teamers gets injured...
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 18, 2009, 03:07:27 AM
Reply #71

Gash

Global Moderator
That's what I was thinking, he'd rather be with the other first teamers. I really don't think he's the best striker for Agard to learn from. I think he's a great finisher, but his link up play is fairly average and his finishing is natural it's not something he can teach to others.

I've been a bit concerned with his body language since he came back. I get the impression he thinks he should be an instant pick and shouldn't be on the bench.

He certainly isn't doing anything to convince Moyes otherwise tonight.

December 18, 2009, 03:08:32 AM
Reply #72

Endless, Nameless

FAO Sheedy's left foot.
You were just mentioned on channel 5, kind of :D

Best left foot in the game.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 18, 2009, 03:09:03 AM
Reply #73

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I've been a bit concerned with his body language since he came back. I get the impression he thinks he should be an instant pick and shouldn't be on the bench.

He certainly isn't doing anything to convince Moyes otherwise tonight.

I'm not sure about the body language bit to be honest Gash.  Even when he's been at his most prolific he's still looked lethargic and like he really can't be arsed.

December 18, 2009, 03:09:19 AM
Reply #74

Ridge

Nice to see Murray slipped in a batty boys comment.