April 09, 2020, 06:33:19 PM

Author Topic: My favourite game?  (Read 1720 times)

March 26, 2020, 11:45:17 PM
Read 1720 times

Bluedylan

''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 27, 2020, 12:14:36 AM
Reply #1

Paddockoldie

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/mar/25/my-favourite-game-everton-v-bayern-munich-1985-cup-winners-cup

A few people might agree with the one above. What was yours?

Got to be really, but the Sharp derby was amazing. I also have vivid memories of the sheer joy seeing Andy King's goal against the shite. The Watford FA cup final made me cry with pride. However, for goosebumps it's  the Bayern game.

March 27, 2020, 12:23:14 AM
Reply #2

The Analog Kid

NSNO Subscriber
Probably United at home first game of the season, the game were Fellaini had their entire midfield in his arse pocket. My lads first game and a decent performance from the team.

Others:

The 2-1 v Spurs at Christmas same season- we left it late but it was worth it!

Further back I'd say Spurs semi-final was a pretty decent day.

March 27, 2020, 01:26:59 AM
Reply #3

Paddockoldie

Just thought about the United 5:0 mauling.. what a performance that was. Our team was unbeatable that day. Even Sheedy scored with a header. Luton semi at Villa park. So many great days, Stoke away.. the kendall talk. Winning the title at Norwich... what a mad day out that was. Hired a coach.... you can imagine the rest.

March 27, 2020, 01:58:58 AM
Reply #4

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
The 6:1 game against Arsenal in 85, the Cup Winners Cup Semi Final and Final, the Andy Johnson derby as well as the others that have been mentioned previously.

This wasn't a bad one either.

Hopefully, we will get some more of these type of games at Goodison and then at BMD.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:13:58 AM by Toffee1 »

March 27, 2020, 05:08:26 AM
Reply #5

74Blue

Bayern Munich was electric. Even when we went a goal down, there was no way that we were losing that game. The atmosphere that night was nothing short of fucking amazing and there was just a belief that we were going to Rotterdam.
Even all these hears later, I get goosebimps just remembering the feeling from the ground that night

March 27, 2020, 07:45:46 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
Never felt an atmosphere like Fiorentina at home.
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

March 27, 2020, 09:41:00 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Two come to mind.

Spurs semi final. Best I have ever seen us play really.

That final day against Wimbledon when we 2-0 at half time.  Weird but itís the game I remember the most and the one I think of most fondly.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 27, 2020, 01:16:22 PM
Reply #8

Waltzer

Two come to mind.

Spurs semi final. Best I have ever seen us play really.

That final day against Wimbledon when we 2-0 at half time.  Weird but it's the game I remember the most and the one I think of most fondly.
These 2 are my favourite. Remember everyone wanting a spurs vs United final and we royally pissed on their chips. The Wimbledon one was just amazing cause of the emotion

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 27, 2020, 01:16:38 PM
Reply #9

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Of the ones that I've been to, the Coventry game last day of the season in 1998 was the most memorable.  Horrible game to watch but the release at final whistle was incredible, the pitch invasion, walking back in to town in the summer rain.  What a day.

March 27, 2020, 01:33:25 PM
Reply #10

Craig_1878

Fiorentina at home was special. The stadium was literally shaking after Arteta scored.
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"- Alan Partridge

March 27, 2020, 03:18:30 PM
Reply #11

everton15

1966 everton v sheff weds fa cup final - 2 nil down and of course our great comeback to win 3 - 2  was only 9 yrs old never ever forget that game as long as I live - the sheer joy of celebrating the winning goal from derek temple with my bro - we ran down the street after chanting everton - we felt like kings!

March 27, 2020, 03:37:25 PM
Reply #12

Macca77

5-0 v United is still my favourite, I was in the Gwladys with my dad, sat on one of the bars, he kept having to catch me after every chance / goal, I was terrified and extatic at the same time

March 27, 2020, 05:01:04 PM
Reply #13

bigmanbob

For different reasons - The Bayern game, reminds me of my dad, Watford cup final, my first game at Wembley, the United semi in 2009, I took my youngest to Wembley with my brother and his lad and it was a boss day. Finally Kharkiv away, mental day

March 27, 2020, 05:30:34 PM
Reply #14

Toddacelli

All of the above - plus Luton Town semi-final games, but especially the replay.

Rotterdam is the pinnacle for me though. They fought back at 2-0 to make it 2-1 but when the 3rd went in for us, the players started playing keep-ball and we were cheering every pass - that killed the hope in all their players and fans and was absolutely fucking brilliant.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates