Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
TheRam

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Yeah, he should be scoring them.

Absolute golden chances for a player of his quality.

Was off it all night. I wonder if resting during an international break actually hinders players when coming up against a teams whose players have been away playing.
eyesalwaysblue

Off in January?
The Doc

eyesalwaysblue wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:17 pm Off in January?
What have you heard?
eyesalwaysblue

The Doc wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:26 pm
eyesalwaysblue wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:17 pm Off in January?
What have you heard?
Only a youtube bot report lately, have thought he was just waiting to prove his fitness to be off and clubs waiting for that time. couldn't say i'd blame him but hopefully he'll stay
Shogun

Could do with a goal. Thankfully he seems to still be in good spirits based on his celebrations when we do score!
Bluedylan1

I think it speaks volumes about him that he started his career for us as an all purpose battering ram, then Ancelotti converted him into a penalty box predator, and now Dyche has again repurposed him as a target man, and he just gets on with all of the roles without complaint.

Must be frustrating for him that he maybe doesn't get the same quantity of chances as he used to, because of the way the team needs him to play. Having said that, he's had a few chances he'd expect to put away in recent weeks. Only a matter of time. Also bodes really well for the team that we're winning all these games while our main striker isn't scoring many.
Cozzie

Yeah, we're not heavily reliant on his goals now, but his overall play is tremendous as to how the team function.

Desperate for him to bag soon though, more so for him as I just think he seems like a dead sound level headed fella.
eyesalwaysblue

He's allegedly switched to a new big cheese agent same one who did slippy Gs interests, negotiations immanent.
brap2

His xgp90 is good this year which is mad to me, feels like he's hardly getting a sniff.

If he managed to catch up in some goals he'd be in stunning form considering the rest of his game.

Personally think he looks both goosed and maybe ready to try elsewhere.
Kerryblueboy

He is getting at least one good quality chance every game needs to start scoring
AjaxAndy

brap2 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:57 pm His xgp90 is good this year which is mad to me, feels like he's hardly getting a sniff.

If he managed to catch up in some goals he'd be in stunning form considering the rest of his game.

Personally think he looks both goosed and maybe ready to try elsewhere.
He's definitely knackered, hasn't had a run of games for a couple of years before this.

Don't think he's angling for a move or unhappy, just a very natural slump from fatigue.

Needs a couple of games out of the starting lineup to rest and come back sharper.
Cozzie

Does need to improve based on this like.
Attachments
IMG-20231222-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20231222-WA0000.jpg (69.8 KiB) Viewed 31857 times
OldEnglandToffee

Cozzie wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:28 pm Does need to improve based on this like.
good hes getting into the positions, if that goal was a allowed today would be looking a lot better, as it is that stat isnt much different to Nunes, Rasmus and Jackson. He will bag next game
4evablu

Don’t think he’s knackered just think he’s off it in the last 2 games he’s had 2 glorious headed chances and put them straight at the keeper which tells me he’s trying too hard to score. A glancing header on both occasions may have ended in a goal.
His “goal” today was just natural finishing instinct.
So deep breath Dom calm down and stop trying too hard when the chance comes go with your instinct.
WBFBTPL
The Doc

Get the feeling he wants out. Based on nothing hes done, just striker entering prime, contract winding down, looking for CL football vibes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic