Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:46 pm Hes getting chances and he's missing them. I don't really know how them misses are on anyone but him.
They aren't 'on him'. He's out of form and the chances aren't easy... It's a mix.

Yes he missed a one on one a few games back, that's about the only one I can remember lately that was 'on him'.
777Kidnappings

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:19 pm They aren't 'on him'. He's out of form and the chances aren't easy... It's a mix.

Yes he missed a one on one a few games back, that's about the only one I can remember lately that was 'on him'.
No they are on him. Not individually but as a whole. As a whole he should have scored goals and hasn't. That's how percentages and statistics work. 200 5%s should average 10. You can't just say well they were only 1 in 20 opportunities so it's not on someone for achieving zero

He's statistically the worst finisher in Europe. Sorry but if that's not a dcl issue I'm baffled.
Stumpy

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:19 pm They aren't 'on him'. He's out of form and the chances aren't easy... It's a mix.

He should have scored with one of the headers last night if not both.
The one in the 1st half which i think was the easiest missed by a mile.
He should have also scored at fulham with the header from the corner.
He is getting chances, admitted not a lot but he has had a few and he's missed them all.
And that is on him
NickNack

DCL has never been a prolific goalscorer (bar one short lived purple patch under Ancelotti) & likely never will be. If we’re relying on him alone to score enough to keep us up we’ve had it. It’s a team issue - look at Brighton away last season - DCL didn’t score but he had an excellent game & we scored 5. We need goals from anywhere and everywhere not just DCL.
AjaxAndy

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:23 pm No they are on him. Not individually but as a whole. As a whole he should have scored goals and hasn't. That's how percentages and statistics work. 200 5%s should average 10. You can't just say well they were only 1 in 20 opportunities so it's not on someone for achieving zero

He's statistically the worst finisher in Europe. Sorry but if that's not a dcl issue I'm baffled.
Yeah he probably should have scored a small number of them, but he hasn't and the team aren't doing anything give him good opportunities to find form and confidence by netting a few simple goals.

Fuck me, it's usually me being the black and white one on here not the more grey area guy 🤣

An on form DCL bags a few of those chances, but as a team we aren't doing anything to give him that form because he spends the entire game chasing his own flick ons and then somehow is expected to be Haaland sharp (whose also missing chances) when we finally give him a half chance to leap between two defenders and try score a header from 12 yards out.
Shogun

Doesn't help that he's being used as a battering ram like he's Chris Wood. I'm watching Toney here and yeah, he's got to hold the ball up and gets some chest level balls into him but they're also getting him in behind, they're getting at least a player close to him or running off him. Absolutely none of that with the way we use Dom.
Goaljira

Stumpy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:29 pm He should have scored with one of the headers last night if not both.
The one in the 1st half which i think was the easiest missed by a mile.
He should have also scored at fulham with the header from the corner.
He is getting chances, admitted not a lot but he has had a few and he's missed them all.
And that is on him
He shouldn't have scored them. He could have scored them, or could have tested the keeper more, but expecting him to score one or both isn't realistic. Haaland doesn't score every chance he gets, not even every good chance he gets. The difference is he gets 5 or 6 really good chances every game, and thats all he has to worry about. Last night Dom was given 3, and that's including a header from outside the box that no one other than Carlton Palmer is scoring. There wasn't anymore that he didn't get to, or could have got a shot away and didn't. That was all he had. We give him shite inconsistent service, and then moan at him for not scoring every chance he gets.
Goaljira

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:32 pm Yeah he probably should have scored a small number of them, but he hasn't and the team aren't doing anything give him good opportunities to find form and confidence by netting a few simple goals.

Fuck me, it's usually me being the black and white one on here not the more grey area guy 🤣

An on form DCL bags a few of those chances, but as a team we aren't doing anything to give him that form because he spends the entire game chasing his own flick ons and then somehow is expected to be Haaland sharp (whose also missing chances) when we finally give him a half chance to leap between two defenders and try score a header from 12 yards out.
Sorry, replied without seeing you'd already covered off the same points.
Stumpy

Goaljira wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:19 pm He shouldn't have scored them. He could have scored them, or could have tested the keeper more, but expecting him to score one or both isn't realistic. Haaland doesn't score every chance he gets, not even every good chance he gets. The difference is he gets 5 or 6 really good chances every game, and thats all he has to worry about. Last night Dom was given 3, and that's including a header from outside the box that no one other than Carlton Palmer is scoring. There wasn't anymore that he didn't get to, or could have got a shot away and didn't. That was all he had. We give him shite inconsistent service, and then moan at him for not scoring every chance he gets.
Sorry but i disagree, they were reasonable chances last night and he should have done better, certainly with the 1st one which he missed by yards.
I get what your saying that he can't take every chance that comes his way, no striker does.
But that doesn't mean he does not get called out when he does miss good chances.
777Kidnappings

Goaljira wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:19 pm He shouldn't have scored them. He could have scored them, or could have tested the keeper more, but expecting him to score one or both isn't realistic. Haaland doesn't score every chance he gets, not even every good chance he gets. The difference is he gets 5 or 6 really good chances every game, and thats all he has to worry about. Last night Dom was given 3, and that's including a header from outside the box that no one other than Carlton Palmer is scoring. There wasn't anymore that he didn't get to, or could have got a shot away and didn't. That was all he had. We give him shite inconsistent service, and then moan at him for not scoring every chance he gets.
Haaland doesn't score every chance he gets and dcl doesn't score any chance he gets. People aren't moaning because he didn't score last night. People are moaning because he hasn't scored for almost half a bloody season
AjaxAndy

Goaljira wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:20 pm Sorry, replied without seeing you'd already covered off the same points.
No worries, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks he's getting a bit of a rough ride here.
AllyBlue14

Think it's a combination of things - put DCL in another team that creates more chances and he'd have bagged by now.

But equally, he can't be absolved of all blame. He's an erstwhile England striker, had a decent run in the team and, although the service isn't great, it's his job to put away difficult chances.

Still trust him to come good.
Blueski

Maupay has 5 in 17 with brentford. We just aren’t doing anything to help the player up too as a team. Having said that, DCL wasn’t easy on the eyes against Palace was he? Not strong enough to bully defenders, not quick enough to get in behind and not technical enough to beat his man whilst on the ball…
brap2

Thought he was MOTM by a distance v palace
Goaljira

brap2 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:00 am Thought he was MOTM by a distance v palace
Him and Tarkowski were head and shoulders above the rest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic