Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cereal Killer

Re: Relegation

Cozzie wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:16 pm Just noticed Lutons next 4 fixtures.

Spurs v Luton
Arsenal v Luton
Luton v Bournemouth
Man City v Luton

I know football doesn't work this way but you have to be looking at 3 defeats on paper there.

Even with a potential 2nd deduction we really would have to be utter shite to finish below Luton.
We are utter shite though?

Can’t score, can barely pass the ball, just shoot from ridiculous places lots to boost our xG and Dyche can bang on about that after every match like we’ve created some top opportunities

And whilst we were fairly solid, we’ve started conceding more
Cantoffee

Honestly though, we probably need 6, maybe 8 more points for safety. Deduction not withstanding, that seems very much within reach.

Can't see Luton getting much more than 32 points with their remaining fixtures.

Forest hard to know but they seem well past the new manager bounce now. Good enough players to get a run going but not sure they'll get much more than 32-34 either.
Cozzie

Cereal Killer wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:55 pm We are utter shite though?

Can’t score, can barely pass the ball, just shoot from ridiculous places lots to boost our xG and Dyche can bang on about that after every match like we’ve created some top opportunities

And whilst we were fairly solid, we’ve started conceding more
Yup.

We are.

However. I do believe despite not winning in 11 it has to change soon surely.

Even if we carry on the way we are we just need one of those "in off his arse 1-0" style wins to hopefully get confidence back.

Hopefully the Portugal trip helped? We can hope.

Arsenal came back from their break a different animal, we need a similar type of bounce.

Still fancy us to put more points on the board than Luton between now and the end of the season.
Shogun

The only issue is Arsenal have Saka and Rice whilst we have Harrison and Garner.

Getting Lampard "wait until after the world cup" vibes from this Portugal trip.

Jesus Christ we need to sort ourselves out though. We really don't even need that many wins based on Forest and Luton.
Juanito

Our first 11 isn't too bad when not burnt out, I predict a win away at Bournemouth and things starting to look a lot brighter
TheRam

Just not worried at all.

Find it very hard to believe results wont improve in the last part of the season.

It doesn’t even have to be that much of an improvement. Just enough to stay ahead of Luton who are running out of gas.

The break will do us good. Just to get away from the grind for a bit.
Juanito

Go with this and stay up

Pickford
Garner Tarks Branthwaite Mykolenko
Gana Onana
Harrison Doucoure McNeil
DCL
Shogun

I am probably about 10% worried. Bournemouth, Newcastle and Burnley next. The first two are away but if we can't beat Burnley at home then alarm bells will be ringing.
superpull

Shogun wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:12 pm I am probably about 10% worried. Bournemouth, Newcastle and Burnley next. The first two are away but if we can't beat Burnley at home then alarm bells will be ringing.
Based on how we've set up all year: 4 points from the 2 away games and 0 at home is probably more likely
MayorFarnham

I don't know if I'm not worried or just can't be arsed any more.
Shogun

Had a thought about wanting us to get relegated and bring Roberto Martinez back the other day.

I should probably start looking into therapy.
OldEnglandToffee

Shogun wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 pm Had a thought about wanting us to get relegated and bring Roberto Martinez back the other day.

Try to stop thinking about Micheal Keane
blueforyou

5 of our last 10 games:

Home: Burnley; Sheff Utd; Nottm For; Brentford (+Liverpool)

Away: Luton (+ Bournemouth; Newcastle; Chelsea; Arsenal)

10 points, surely...?
Fynci

Shogun wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 pm Had a thought about wanting us to get relegated and bring Roberto Martinez back the other day.

Did he bring back Barkley, who turned out to be world class? What a redemption arc that would be.
Kerryblueboy

I am worried can’t see where the next win comes from a team that can’t score a goal or win a game since December is in big trouble we are totally dependent on other teams being shite whatever praise dyche gets for our defensive solidity he can’t get us playing any kind of good attacking football and this will sink us especially if we get another points hit
Locked Previous topicNext topic