Dyche

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Dyche

Shogun wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 pm Worth noting that Onana plays quite a lot and has definitely been no worse than the Birkenhead Pirlo next him lately who has somehow got even worse.

It's not like Onana has been consistently brilliant at any point of his Everton career so far under either manager, whether that's down to us or him.

Bit much to be saying he's given up or being unprofessional imo.
I have no opinion on Onana's desire or lack of, but I definitely don't think it helps when you're relying on players who most likely or definitely won't be here next season... It's always going to impact on their fight even if it's subconscious.

Gomes
Branthwaite
Onana
Gana
Harrison
Danjuma

All either definitely or probably leaving in the summer, and Young too is potentially retiring, although seems the type to hang around like a bad smell for as long as we'd keep him.

It definitely doesn't help you as a team in hard times when half the team have a reason not to really fight in the way others in the team might.
Free Agent

Wish we could sneak Godfrey and Keane onto that list somehow
777Kidnappings

Shogun wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 pm Worth noting that Onana plays quite a lot and has definitely been no worse than the Birkenhead Pirlo next him lately who has somehow got even worse.

It's not like Onana has been consistently brilliant at any point of his Everton career so far under either manager, whether that's down to us or him.

Bit much to be saying he's given up or being unprofessional imo.
I can't be arsed finding it but.... you said it too.
TheRam

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... eague.html

Good article, very honest assessment from the manager.
blueforyou

Yes - the realisation has set in: pig of a job
Silas

TheRam wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:21 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... eague.html

Good article, very honest assessment from the manager.
I'm not enjoying the football but he's no idiot. Saying exactly what we've seen since Ancelotti left. Interesting comments about Moshiri as well. Seeing nothing right now that says he should stay as our manager but there's never been a manager dealt a worse hand at Everton
The Doc

Communication by messages and phone calls when he can be arsed from the boss is God awful leadership. What an utter clown of an owner.
Trowel

Gash

Needs to keep the tracky on.
777Kidnappings

What a manager
AjaxAndy

Decent set up today, people said he doesn't have any plans B but thought the first half with Gomes and Doucoure in support of DCL and then dropping in to a flat 5 across the middle when we lost possession was good.

Clearly second half was edgy and lacked any real attacking intent which would have back fired, but it thankfully didn't.

Massive 3 points and a good bounce back from Chelsea, and clearly changed things today in both personnel and shape off the back of that performance.
Gash

Still don't think he's lost the players. Maybe them all sitting down and telling some home truths after the Chelsea game has done some good.
Shogun

I did think we played much better than against Burnley but it's still a tough one to judge. Ashley Young could have given away three penalties and Gana scored from 25 shots with a daisy cutter.

Everything went our way today, though I guess you make your own luck as the cliché goes.
Cantoffee

Definitely some good fortune about the result. I did think we were the better team though.

He did seem to try to change things in attack a bit with Gomes drifting out wide and McNeil coming more central at times. Not sure what the purpose was but it seemed to help.

Still a big lack of patterns of play in attack and got lucky with Young somehow escaping those penalty shouts.

Will take it out and agree that I don't think he's lost the players. Will be interesting to see if Onana plays again.
blueforyou

If you can't play pretty, win ugly
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic