Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Gary1878

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

This guy is our once every 10 year talent.

Rooney - Sold 2004
Stones - Sold 2016
Branthwaite - ......

Stones went for £47.5m 8 years ago.

Football inflation means that in today's money, that's £69m. So that's the bare minimum we should be asking for. And I think Jarrad is better than Stones was.

I would genuinely be very disappointed if it wasn't a world record fee for him, which is £78.3m for Maguire.
777Kidnappings

We aren't getting a world record fee. Only done 1 year in England. Our financial situation will drive down the price. Not being an international will knock something off. Then the ffp punishments will drive down spending as a whole

60m
cassius

Don't sell then.

£60m today would be closer to £100m in 12 months.

Take the points deduction idgaf
HANNU

I think he would be silly to leave now, another year of playing for us every week and he will be in a position to go to real and get game time, man u would ruin him
777Kidnappings

cassius wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 am Don't sell then.

£60m today would be closer to £100m in 12 months.

Take the points deduction idgaf
Don't disagree. Just think there's not going to be many spending big this summer. Utd are talking about looking for value. Chelsea have maybe run out of ffp room. Everyone is a bit frightened about punishments and everyone knows our financial situation
Kerryblueboy

I see lots of talk that him or Onana have to be sold before the middle of June to make sure we aren’t done for par again next season
Bluebridge

Gary1878 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:22 am This guy is our once every 10 year talent.

Rooney - Sold 2004
Stones - Sold 2016
Branthwaite - ......

Stones went for £47.5m 8 years ago.

Football inflation means that in today's money, that's £69m. So that's the bare minimum we should be asking for. And I think Jarrad is better than Stones was.

I would genuinely be very disappointed if it wasn't a world record fee for him, which is £78.3m for Maguire.
surely you can add 10-20 million as a left foot premium.
Shogun

Shame Ashworth is at Man United now because I think we'd have absolutely rinsed them for him given their desperation in that area.
Cods

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:36 pm Shame Ashworth is at Man United now because I think we'd have absolutely rinsed them for him given their desperation in that area.
Still on gardening leave I think, but it looks like they'll get him soon. Damned shame too when they do, as them and Chelsea are aimless and reckless. It seems all but 3 Manyoo players are up for sale in a big clean out.

Given the market I'm not sure we're going to get what Branthwaite's worth. Another Rooney situation where we donf get fair value.
777Kidnappings

Think utd will struggle to shift most of their shite. They are on elite club wages and nowhere near worth them. Who's gonna give them anything for maguire when he's on 300k a week. Who'd cover sanchos 400k a week. Think they are a bit fucked.
Audrey Horne

I'll be devastated if he goes for less than 80m
dsaund

I’ve wondered this, if we’re likely to lose 6 points by not selling him surely he’ll earn us more than that by still being here?

If he doesn’t kick up a fuss, I’d keep him
Granite

I’d hold your breath if you want a world record fee. Who exactly does the deal? It was Kenright doing the negotiating. Thirlwell not known as a negotiator and he could well be off anyway.

Probably be Colin Chong - who’s never negotiated a transfer in his life.
Bluebridge

Granite wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:56 pm I’d hold your breath if you want a world record fee. Who exactly does the deal? It was Kenright doing the negotiating. Thirlwell not known as a negotiator and he could well be off anyway.

Probably be Colin Chong - who’s never negotiated a transfer in his life.
That could be a good thing.
777Kidnappings

dsaund wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:42 am I’ve wondered this, if we’re likely to lose 6 points by not selling him surely he’ll earn us more than that by still being here?

If he doesn’t kick up a fuss, I’d keep him
We actually need the money too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic