New Spending Rules Introduced

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cereal Killer

New Spending Rules Introduced

Clubs have voted for new rules basing spend cap on television rights of lowest earning club, but not until season after next

Trowel

Re: New Spending Rules Introduced

Seems too fair to be true, must be a catch there... 🤔
Shogun

Any articles explaining how much of a difference this makes?

I assume it's good for us and non-sly6 sides but is the 'limit' so high that it doesn't change things for the Sly 6 in terms of how much they spend or does this genuinely put a ceiling on clubs like Man United?
Gorillabear9

Shogun wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:17 pm Any articles explaining how much of a difference this makes?

I assume it's good for us and non-sly6 sides but is the 'limit' so high that it doesn't change things for the Sly 6 in terms of how much they spend or does this genuinely put a ceiling on clubs like Man United?
Not sure if this is true but I read somewhere that if these rules had been in place in the past, the only team affected would’ve been Chelsea.
Shogun

Gorillabear9 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm Not sure if this is true but I read somewhere that if these rules had been in place in the past, the only team affected would’ve been Chelsea.
I thought as much. Taking it as a positive that the rules are no longer anti-competitive because they favoured the Sly 6 incredibly, but probably too late for us. Great if you're a Saudi owned club though.
777Kidnappings

Based off last years numbers everyone would be allowed to spend 463.5m on wages agents fees and transfers. So it's even so long as you're rich enough to make it even.
777Kidnappings

Gorillabear9 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm Not sure if this is true but I read somewhere that if these rules had been in place in the past, the only team affected would’ve been Chelsea.
Yes only Chelsea would have breached this season

I guess if you're a Liverpool or city who have a 400m wage bill then you can't do much in the transfer market without selling too.

It's probably good for us. Makes it more likely we'll get big fees for onana and Branthwaite. Makes us a better bet for a takeover. Means we'd actually be allowed to compete if we had the finances.
Cozzie

Jarg source like but it quotes Kieran Maguire, seems it could be good for us in some sense.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2024/04/29 ... velopment/
Cereal Killer

If only we had a billionaire owner who wasn’t shy to throw the fun coupons around, we could piss away record amounts on the likes of Harry Maguire
Cods

... it's a free riiiide, when you've already paid...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic