Our Captain Seamus Coleman

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
sam of the south

Re: Our Captain Seamus Coleman

AllyBlue14 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:05 am Leeds last season - crucial win.
Mad goal.

Fucked Gnonto right off.
Toffee1

American Evertonian
Prediction League Champion

Whatever happened to testimonials? Very hopeful he gets one. If this is his last season I hope we have a preseason testimonial for him as one of our first matches (test events) at BMD

I would love to see a Coleman XI v a Baines XI to kickoff BMD as our new home. If I remember correctly, Baines never had his testimonial match.
Feed the Yak!
Gash

American Evertonian wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:27 pm Whatever happened to testimonials? Very hopeful he gets one. If this is his last season I hope we have a preseason testimonial for him as one of our first matches (test events) at BMD

I would love to see a Coleman XI v a Baines XI to kickoff BMD as our new home. If I remember correctly, Baines never had his testimonial match.
Testimonials rarely happen now. They were to reward players for their long service to clubs (usually after 10 years) but also to help them financially as they neared retirement. Players earn so much money now that testimonials became a bit pointless although the few that happened tended to donate some or all the proceeds to charity. Hibbert would be our last but they're a bit outdated these days, basically everyday, average working fans being asked to come along and pay to give more money to already fabulously wealthy players.
brap2

God I'd love an FA Cup for him.
American Evertonian

Gash wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:47 pm Testimonials rarely happen now. They were to reward players for their long service to clubs (usually after 10 years) but also to help them financially as they neared retirement. Players earn so much money now that testimonials became a bit pointless although the few that happened tended to donate some or all the proceeds to charity. Hibbert would be our last but they're a bit outdated these days, basically everyday, average working fans being asked to come along and pay to give more money to already fabulously wealthy players.
I had no idea they were used to benefit the player financially. I always thought they were just there to celebrate a player. Thanks for educating me on the matter. It makes it a lot more understandable why it fell from the wayside.
Feed the Yak!
Bluebridge

American Evertonian wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:06 am I had no idea they were used to benefit the player financially. I always thought they were just there to celebrate a player. Thanks for educating me on the matter. It makes it a lot more understandable why it fell from the wayside.
I think it’s partly down to the fact players no longer need the money, but you see far fewer players spend 10 years at a club.
Last one I remember which was down to financial benefit was Joe Parkinson against City iirc, but that was cos of injury rather than 10 years service.
Shogun

Kerryblueboy

Great backup to have and great example to have around the place
Gash

Great to still have him around the place but also a reminder of how poor our recruitment has been over the last few years.

I still have hope for Patterson but that light is fading. I don't think Dyche rates him and we don't seem willing to loan him out. Came from Rangers with a similar reputation and amount of games as Branthwaite had for Carlisle but we've seen what a good loan has done for one and hanging around here getting games here and there has done for the other.
Shogun

Definitely speaks volumes about the state of us. Coleman should have been moved on from the club 5 or 6 years ago from the perspective of quality and he's never really been the same since Taylor broke his leg.

This is the right move for where we are now but it shouldn't be.
Cozzie

Lovely news, but Gash is right. Hate how much he's been utterly flogged due to us taking an age to land a fucking right back.

Depending on what we do with our loan slots I'd like to see a decent RB come in this season. Loan with an option to buy and actually plan properly for Seamus exit.
Shogun

It's also quite depressing that both our RBs (knowing Patterson has no chance) are 4 years and 7 years older than Brighton's new manager.
Bluebridge

Great news.
Mouse

Agree with most of the above other than he should have been moved on years ago. I'd still want him at the club, he adds more than just his football. No different than Baines staying with us to the end but with Digne coming in. I expect that would have happened it Patterson had worked out, a gradual hand over.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic