Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Evertonian in NC

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

Shogun wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 4:34 pm I'd rather take the points penalty than sell him £35m less than he's worth.
If he won't make a stink about it, I was thinking maybe just take the points deduction, period, end of? This assumes we actually can close a sale and don't need the moneys to pay our light bill, etc.

Left-footed, pacy, ball playing center halves don't grow on trees.
cassius

We need to focus on pimping out Onana for £50m before the end of June instead. Then United pay £80m or go fuck themselves.
AllyBlue14

Do all we can to sell Onana and Godfrey, then see where we stand.

If we're still over the limit, hire Rabinowitz again and go all out to expose PSR for the farce that it is.
777Kidnappings

Surely it's pretty much established now that it would only be 2pts if we breached (although who really knows. They make it up as they go along so it could be a million or a wank off a beautiful woman)

Wouldn't be looking to sell anyone significantly under what we think they are worth to save 2 points
Toddacelli

Toffee1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:08 pm

Jog on then.
Hooray!
brap2

Sort of hope we do sell him as we have lots of work to do
Bornblue88

777Kidnappings wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:41 am Surely it's pretty much established now that it would only be 2pts if we breached (although who really knows. They make it up as they go along so it could be a million or a wank off a beautiful woman)

Wouldn't be looking to sell anyone significantly under what we think they are worth to save 2 points
Didn’t they give us 6, then Forrest 4 points, then us an extra 2? Not that it’ll work that way but that balances it out to 4 points for a breach and given they’ve made it up as they go along this might establish some precedent.

I think it’s a bit of a joke that they gave Forrest the deduction really given the accounting period ends a third of the way through the transfer window. How does being forced to sell players cheap make clubs profitable and sustainable. Idiotic rules
777Kidnappings

I also heard someone mention we could just change our end of year date from June to July to give ourselves an extra month. Doesn't seem right but who'd have thought you could sell a hotel to yourself
Philly1010

Well it’s not worth discussing anymore. Fucking do one Man Utd
MayorFarnham

The irony of ffp forcing us to sell our assets for under market value sums up the whole system.
777Kidnappings

MayorFarnham wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:22 am The irony of ffp forcing us to sell our assets for under market value sums up the whole system.
I mean it's beyond ridiculous isn't it. Selling under market value to the teams who have little to ever worry about ffp wise.

Ffp could actually drive a team into administration. It does nothing to stop you getting into a mess and then when you're there it drives you further into it with loss of prize money and being unable to sell playing assets for their worth.
Evertonian in NC

Just take the points, FFS. I suspect the enthusiasm for significant penalties is waning, now that they've made their point.
Gary1878

777Kidnappings wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:51 am I mean it's beyond ridiculous isn't it. Selling under market value to the teams who have little to ever worry about ffp wise.

Ffp could actually drive a team into administration. It does nothing to stop you getting into a mess and then when you're there it drives you further into it with loss of prize money and being unable to sell playing assets for their worth.
FFP is an on-paper regulation which can seriously affect the actual finances of the business itself.

To adhere to it, it forces the business to sell assets at a discounted value in order to meet an arbitrary P&L limit, which ordinarily it probably wouldn't have to do if the P&L limit had not been there.

So you are absolutely right, it not only puts the business in a worse financial position, but it means the club's playing staff and assets are negatively impacted in a way that affects competitiveness.
brap2

Does seem like lots of clubs aren't having to sell players for under value
Escla

brap2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:07 am Does seem like lots of clubs aren't having to sell players for under value
Have lots of clubs already done any business ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic