Euro 2024 Discussion

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
TheRam

Re: Euro 2024 Discussion

Disappointing second half but it’s all about growing into the competition and I expect us to get better as we go along.

Good and bad things about the system.
StirlingBlue

Luke Shaw for Trippier and that left side looks very different I think.

Shame we don’t have a really attacking LB as Walker could make a three and TAA could drop into RWB in possession where you can get the most of him
AjaxAndy

We were good for 25 mins, but as soon as they started pressing us we had no idea what to do, just constantly going long and conceding possession.

TAA was awful, contributed almost nothing and was a passenger apart from one pass and one shot... Absolutely can't be starting any games from here on in at CM. Let Gallagher do the donkey work, allow Rice more freedom and we'll control possession a whole lot better than one Hollywood ball Trent.

Foden was abysmal, he's such a talent but can't be in the team if he's performing like that. I'm not convinced of Gordon at this level but he'd offer more than Foden did tonight.

Edgy, panicky performance but in reality Serbia didn't really create a lot despite our lack of control from 25 mins on. Good to get the win but that performance asked more questions than it answered.
cassius

I thought Rice was excellent tonight, such an intelligent performance
Toffee1

As BD posted earlier, played well.
Toffee1

AjaxAndy

Toffee1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:08 pm

As BD posted earlier, played well.
Yeah quietly went about his business and didn't look phased at all, good first tournament game from him!
StirlingBlue

It would be a very controversial call but given the lack of depth at CM I’d be tempted to try a Rice/Bellingham pivot and Foden as the 10.

Obviously Bellingham is better as the 10 but he’s good at both and Bellingham/Foden vs Gallagher/Bellingham seems like a no brainer
Bluedylan1

StirlingBlue wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:29 pm It would be a very controversial call but given the lack of depth at CM I’d be tempted to try a Rice/Bellingham pivot and Foden as the 10.

Obviously Bellingham is better as the 10 but he’s good at both and Bellingham/Foden vs Gallagher/Bellingham seems like a no brainer
I don't think it's controversial at all. Bellingham is an 8 and always was at Dortmund. He was even a 6 at times. He's just played as a 10 because of Real Madrid's strikerless system. He will be back in his normal position next season, now Mbappe has signed.
AjaxAndy

The media narrative about TAA is so infuriating... Shearer goes 'he's had a good game' when he was subbed off...no he hasn't Alan, he's been fucking garbage, why are you believing otherwise?!
Cereal Killer

AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:26 am The media narrative about TAA is so infuriating... Shearer goes 'he's had a good game' when he was subbed off...no he hasn't Alan, he's been fucking garbage, why are you believing otherwise?!
“Questions surround his ability to play the role against better opposition, but Southgate has chosen him there so time will tell later in the tournament”

Basically fine with us chucking away any chance of winning it just to see the inevitable cluster fuck of TAA getting schooled by a couple of world class centre mids
TheRam

Very worried the greatest pop song ever written is going to be ruined with that new foden chant.

Please don’t kick the tits of out this.
Shogun

Lovely colours on display, but it's confusing me that Ukraine aren't in the yellow
Goaljira

What a goal.
Shogun

Absolutely class scenes. A goal fitting of James McFadden on the commentary!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic