Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
25%

Total votes: 59

BlueDoom

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Deducted 10 points

Wouldn’t surprise me if they saw their arses, scuppered our due dillegence/takeover, ignored our appeal and watched us disappear into administration and down a league. They dont give a fuck about Everton or actual fair play.
Dchans

Or, they are using the 10 points as a yard stick and will relegate Chelsea and city meaning we stay up!
Shogun

I'd say I expect it to be reduced but I also didn't expect such an excessive punishment in the first place. Wouldn't be surprised if we got 3 or 4 points back but doubt it would be anything more than that.
superpull

I thought 6 points would represent a fair punishment and the optimistic part (a small part, being a blue) was hoping it may be suspended.
BlueDoom

We should have got a suspended 6-12 points a couple of years ago, to stop our financial people from overspending. Then, assuming we did carry on, we would have rightly been hit with it.
4evablu

I just cant see any reduction. Cant see them back tracking at all. Like I said earlier lowers their integrity and the perception clubs will have of them as a leading body. Also it says to the "independent" committee "we don't trust your ability to act as a committee" which then sends a message to any future committee and club in front of them "What's the point of a committee hearing"
What we also have to remember is Moshiri statement clearly admits we overspent because we were short of players particularly midfielders! The over spend is £350 million with allowances to reduce it down to an over spend of £120million.
That means for me, we have to go cap in hand and beg them to reduce the punishment levied against the £19.5 million. Still guilty.
WBFBTPL
Blueski

Any reduction seems unlikely but the way in which the league kowtows to the likes of City and Chelsea maybe is the only wildcard in our favour. A reduction benefits other clubs who are being investigated. No doubt the league doesn't care one bit about fairness to Everton Football Club
The Doc

I think it'll get overturned. There wasn't a sanction process in place, they made it up mid-investigation. As has been said by Andy Burnham, that's abuse of process and in any other industry it'd be thrown out.

And making sanction rules up mid-investigation screams corruption. Its not even being shit at your job, its sinister, whatever the reason.

Plus, precedence has been set previously for financial foul play - 9 points for totally fucking it up. We've only nearly totally fucked it up, so how can we be docked more than 9 points?
AjaxAndy

The Doc wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:03 pm I think it'll get overturned. There wasn't a sanction process in place, they made it up mid-investigation. As has been said by Andy Burnham, that's abuse of process and in any other industry it'd be thrown out.

And making sanction rules up mid-investigation screams corruption. Its not even being shit at your job, its sinister, whatever the reason.

Plus, precedence has been set previously for financial foul play - 9 points for totally fucking it up. We've only nearly totally fucked it up, so how can we be docked more than 9 points?
Over turned by who though?

Unless I'm mistaken the people reviewing it are the Premier League, and I'm not sure what benefit there'd be for them to go back on their own decision? In fact they'd look extremely weak so I'm fully expecting them to double down.
Paddockoldie

I think we've been used to avoid a regulatory body coming in that may have uncovered some dodgy goings on within the premier league body. Punish us and look like you're doing your job. This could open a can of worms if we appeal and cause a stink... also, if we get points back which sends another club down, they would kick up a fuss.... hence we lose the appeal and have to fight to stay up ourselves
The Doc

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:19 pm
The Doc wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:03 pm I think it'll get overturned. There wasn't a sanction process in place, they made it up mid-investigation. As has been said by Andy Burnham, that's abuse of process and in any other industry it'd be thrown out.

Unless I'm mistaken the people reviewing it are the Premier League, and I'm not sure what benefit there'd be for them to go back on their own decision? In fact they'd look extremely weak so I'm fully expecting them to double down.
If there's a clear case to take it all the way to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the PL get itchy that Everton will win that case then they'll change their decision and offer to settle. That's what I think anyway.

They can't just make the rules up in the middle of it and get away with it.
Escla

The Doc wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:09 pm

If there's a clear case to take it all the way to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the PL get itchy that Everton will win that case then they'll change their decision and offer to settle. That's what I think anyway.

As reported in several media……

The difficulty Everton have got with an appeal is that they have already admitted they are guilty. In appealing, what they want is to reduce the punishment rather than establish their innocence. Everton would not be able to take the case any further, to the law courts or the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
AjaxAndy

Escla wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:17 pm
The Doc wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:09 pm

As reported in several media……

The difficulty Everton have got with an appeal is that they have already admitted they are guilty. In appealing, what they want is to reduce the punishment rather than establish their innocence. Everton would not be able to take the case any further, to the law courts or the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Exactly this ☝️

Without any ability to take this to CAS there's zero chance imo the Premier League go back on their original verdict, there's no reason for them to.
Kerryblueboy

Is it not the severity of the sentence we will be appealing get it down to 5/6 points
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic