Patterson Future

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
bigmanbob

Re: Patterson Future

I don't even think he offers much going forward, he gets up and down quite well but can't cross a ball to save his life and offers no goal threat. I wouldn't be upset if he left
Kerryblueboy

I seem to remember a fairly good ball in against Sheffield united hard to judge Patterson considering he hasn’t had a run of games in the team
Cods

He's done well for Scotland when given the chance. He's not necessarily good at the fancy footwork but can fly down the wing and cross pretty well. Our game suits his strengths.
Gash

Cods wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:21 am He's done well for Scotland when given the chance. He's not necessarily good at the fancy footwork but can fly down the wing and cross pretty well. Our game suits his strengths.
I'm a fan but I wouldn't say he's done that well us. One goal against Moldova and an assist and that's been it. 17 caps but he's not started many games and Aaron Hickey's been keeping him out the team, Hickey's decent to be fair and playing regularly for Brentford until he got injured. He's not really been belting down the wing and firing in crosses on a regular basis.

Plenty time for him yet though.
Toddacelli

He won’t get there quicker by not playing him.
Gash

Toddacelli wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:16 pm He won’t get there quicker by not playing him.
No argument from me there, I said in the first post of the thread that I'd rather he played and learned than Young or Coleman played.
Toddacelli

Gash wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:22 pm
Toddacelli wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:16 pm He won’t get there quicker by not playing him.
No argument from me there, I said in the first post of the thread that I'd rather he played and learned than Young or Coleman played.
Yeah I wasn’t disagreeing with you, rather, building on your comment that he has plenty of time.
Shogun

Think he'll go on loan in January with a view to selling him. Could see him going to somewhere like Leeds and them buying him outright in the summer. Maybe even as part of a deal for Harrison.
Kerryblueboy

So we have young 38 and Coleman 36 and we are talking about getting rid of Patterson the mind boggles
74Blue

Dyche clearly sees sometging in Ashley Young that none of us sitting in the stands can see. He's absolute dogshite!
Cods

Gash wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:50 pm
Cods wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:21 am He's done well for Scotland when given the chance. He's not necessarily good at the fancy footwork but can fly down the wing and cross pretty well. Our game suits his strengths.
I'm a fan but I wouldn't say he's done that well us. One goal against Moldova and an assist and that's been it. 17 caps but he's not started many games and Aaron Hickey's been keeping him out the team, Hickey's decent to be fair and playing regularly for Brentford until he got injured. He's not really been belting down the wing and firing in crosses on a regular basis.

Plenty time for him yet though.
Oh for sure, more about that he actually has that in his locker, and he's yet to really show it here, so we can expect he might, given appropriate opposition and opportunity. No reason he couldn't replicate it. His goal and assist were classy. :)
AjaxAndy

74Blue wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:35 pm Dyche clearly sees sometging in Ashley Young that none of us sitting in the stands can see. He's absolute dogshite!
Or doesn't see something in Patterson that people on here refuse to acknowledge.

I hope over time he proves his worth, but if he's not good enough for the first team he does need to go out on loan once Coleman is fit, even if having Young and Coleman as available right backs is far from ideal
wepull

He's not getting into a Dyche side till the time he gets tighter at the defensive side.

Also his offensive side isn't good enough yet to offset his defensive frailties. But still quite young and he can improve.
4evablu

Getting away from all the WGFBPL noise. Patterson was brilliant for scotland last night i hope Duyche was watching.
He put some great crosses into the box all game. One in the second half landed at the centre forwards feet 4 yards out and he jumped over it the tit bit scotland actually scored from the following play.
In the first half he made a brilliant block on the line came out of nowhere to block it out.
His break up play was good, going forward he was good and positive an his passing was accurate.
but i bet yound still plays sunday
WBFBTPL
bigmanbob

Didn't see the game but did read in the press that the previous game (Friday??) he had an absolute stinker
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic