Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

Bornblue88

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation

City have made 114 breaches apparently so it’ll be nice to see them get a 1368 points deduction. Over 15 years of 90 points seasons it would take for them to get into positive numbers. I think they should make them play next season in the prem with it too, then they’d get relegated every year and have to start in non league afterwards
BlueDoom

Was nice of MOTD to mention the potential 12 point deduction too, just in case anyone else had missed it.
Cozzie

The Walton Taxi Club has spoken!
Attachments
IMG-20231108-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20231108-WA0005.jpg (28.05 KiB) Viewed 108542 times
Shogun

Reckon something will come out about this during the international break?
Phillyt

Shogun wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:03 pm Reckon something will come out about this during the international break?
I’d like to think so. Not sure there is any reason to drag it on.
Silas

If these is a an example I reckon we will sue the pants off them given how many other clubs get away with shit
AjaxAndy

I reckon we'll get a 6 point deduction starting at the beginning of next season + large fine.

We'll contest the points deduction and eventually it'll be downgraded to a suspended sentence for a set period where our accounts will have to be checked (as they already are) regularly to ensure we are complying.
Shogun

Obviously a different federation but Juventus got done last season with 10 points eventually for financial irregularities and false accounting with regards to transfer dealings.

I just find it hard to believe that a breach regarding tax on a stadium loan results in any kind of points deduction.
AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:47 pm Obviously a different federation but Juventus got done last season with 10 points eventually for financial irregularities and false accounting with regards to transfer dealings.

I just find it hard to believe that a breach regarding tax on a stadium loan results in any kind of points deduction.
Yeah I think it'll depend very much on if our claims that's what it's from are legitimate or is trying to bury the truth under some dodgy grey area where it's ok if you don't look too closely.

Given our claimed covid losses I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that we've tried to pass off some other huge loss as something it's not.
4evablu

i think there'll deffo be a points deduction of some size deferred for an undefined period ie: until the city & chelsea investigations are resolved
as if they deduct us 12 points or any points for that matter it will set a precedent for say city 3/4 times greater at fault than ours to receive a points deduction 3/4 times the size of ours! cant see that happening.
WBFBTPL
Escla

AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:45 pm
Shogun wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:47 pm Obviously a different federation but Juventus got done last season with 10 points eventually for financial irregularities and false accounting with regards to transfer dealings.

Yeah I think it'll depend very much on if our claims that's what it's from are legitimate or is trying to bury the truth under some dodgy grey area where it's ok if you don't look too closely.

Given our claimed covid losses I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that we've tried to pass off some other huge loss as something it's not.
I’m confused now about the whole issue, are we being investigated under ffp for exceeding the amount of losses allowed or has it got something to do with interest on a dodgy loan that we keep hearing about ?
AjaxAndy

Escla wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:45 pm
AjaxAndy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:45 pm

I’m confused now about the whole issue, are we being investigated under ffp for exceeding the amount of losses allowed or has it got something to do with interest on a dodgy loan that we keep hearing about ?
I don't think anyone knows tbh, unless the Premier League have released some info I've not seen.

Seems very much like rumours that it's to do with a loan payment, but I guess we'll find out one way or the other soon enough.
American Evertonian
Prediction League Champion
Prediction League Champion

Find it a bit ironic for them to fine a club that break FFP. Wouldn’t that just make the FFP situation worse. 😅
Feed the Yak!
777Kidnappings

American Evertonian wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:19 pm Find it a bit ironic for them to fine a club that break FFP. Wouldn’t that just make the FFP situation worse. 😅
They are barely even pretending it's about fairness.
weimaranerblues

Verdict due in soon apparently, a hefty punishment incoming
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic