Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
brap2

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Beto, Danjuma also in career low slumps.

What do they all have in common?
TheRam

brap2 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:34 am Beto, Danjuma also in career low slumps.

What do they all have in common?
They both struggle with the demands of the premier league most probably.

Danjuma makes terrible choices in the final third.

Beto has scored three goals and his goals to minutes ratio is probably quite decent.

He has also missed some very good chances.

DCL has had these slumps before.
dsaund

Would be just his luck at the minute that it probably has taken a touch off Harrison
Bluedylan1

Little bit better today with his all round play, and unlucky to get the goal taken off him.
Cozzie

Yeah he could have done with that counting for his confidence.
Shogun

Must be difficult when you're having the ball lumped at you for 90 minutes with a 6ft7 CB on your back, feeding off scraps and then expected to take the one chance that comes your way. That's whether you're playing Man United away or Crystal Palace at home.
TheRam

He had two good chances there though.

Think maybe he needs to come out for a bit.
The Doc

Yeah no excuses for Dom either.
Goaljira

He won 17 aerial duels today, just no one close enough often enough. The knockdown for Garner's piss poor shot that won the corner we scored from was great.

xG from the two headers today combined was .22, so far from 'He has to score them'. He needs a goal just to get everyone off his back.
AjaxAndy

Goaljira wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:52 pm He won 17 aerial duels today, just no one close enough often enough. The knockdown for Garner's piss poor shot that won the corner we scored from was great.

xG from the two headers today combined was .22, so far from 'He has to score them'. He needs a goal just to get everyone off his back.
That XG is my issue with people saying he's getting chances that he should be scoring.

Yeah maybe if he's the Dom from a few years ago full of confidence and fitness he bags some, but they aren't great chances, and he's not getting balls fed in my James and Digne... It's almost always a cross where he's competing with 2 defenders for a header, which are never easy chances.

He's in bad form, but it's a thankless task too being up top in a team that spends the entire game forcing you to compete for long balls against multiple huge defenders. Then suddenly you get a half chance and everyone expects you to score.

We need him firing, but I think for that to happen we need to play a very different way to what we have been lately.
777Kidnappings

AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:58 pm That XG is my issue with people saying he's getting chances that he should be scoring.

Yeah maybe if he's the Dom from a few years ago full of confidence and fitness he bags some, but they aren't great chances, and he's not getting balls fed in my James and Digne... It's almost always a cross where he's competing with 2 defenders for a header, which are never easy chances.

He's in bad form, but it's a thankless task too being up top in a team that spends the entire game forcing you to compete for long balls against multiple huge defenders. Then suddenly you get a half chance and everyone expects you to score.

We need him firing, but I think for that to happen we need to play a very different way to what we have been lately.

Most chances aren't 1s that they should score. He's not scoring any though. He's apparently statistically the worst finisher in all of Europe's top leagues. Pretending he isn't the problem is just daft. His finishing is going to get us relegated
AjaxAndy

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:07 am Most chances aren't 1s that they should score. He's not scoring any though. He's apparently statistically the worst finisher in all of Europe's top leagues. Pretending he isn't the problem is just daft. His finishing is going to get us relegated
It's part of the problem, but so is the chance creation by his teammates and the finishing of his teammates too.

Needs to start scoring, but so do others, and they need to create chances for him that aren't purely headers where he's competing with two CBs every time.
brap2

777Kidnappings wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:07 am Most chances aren't 1s that they should score. He's not scoring any though. He's apparently statistically the worst finisher in all of Europe's top leagues. Pretending he isn't the problem is just daft. His finishing is going to get us relegated
Denying the football he has us playing is having a detrimental effect on our ability to score goals is daft.

I won't be blaming one of our few half decent players for not finishing his one scrappy header he gets every two games.
superpull

He should be scoring from some of these chances.

However, he realistically has no right to be making them into chances and nobody who we could possibly play or attract to that position would even be getting shots off-target with the service this lad is getting.
777Kidnappings

brap2 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:04 am Denying the football he has us playing is having a detrimental effect on our ability to score goals is daft.

I won't be blaming one of our few half decent players for not finishing his one scrappy header he gets every two games.
Hes getting chances and he's missing them. I don't really know how them misses are on anyone but him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic