Patterson Future

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Blueomar

Re: Patterson Future

4evablu wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:10 pm Getting away from all the WGFBPL noise.
we got fucked by premier league?
Bluedylan1

bigmanbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:40 pm Didn't see the game but did read in the press that the previous game (Friday??) he had an absolute stinker
He was up against one of the best players in the world in his position in Kvaratskhelia, and by an absolute mile his national team's best player, who has made some of the best defenders around look silly. I wouldn't read too much into that.
AjaxAndy

Who'd he play against Vs Norway? I have no idea who their LW is or the standard of that player.

Think we need to consider how he plays against top opposition tbh as the Premier League is full of elite players... If he can't do it against them then it's an issue and needs to be considered.

What also needs to be considered though is could Young do it against such opposition too, so there's definitely the caveat of one of them needs to play and neither would cope well.
4evablu

Omar wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:01 pm
4evablu wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:10 pm Getting away from all the WGFBPL noise.
we got fucked by premier league?
yes
WBFBTPL
4evablu

AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:48 pm Who'd he play against Vs Norway? I have no idea who their LW is or the standard of that player.

Think we need to consider how he plays against top opposition tbh as the Premier League is full of elite players... If he can't do it against them then it's an issue and needs to be considered.

What also needs to be considered though is could Young do it against such opposition too, so there's definitely the caveat of one of them needs to play and neither would cope well.
if i remember right ? it was one of the bergs. They doubled him up as well at times with a young city player (who is their new golden boy) with the great name of BOBB - very good player and one to watch.
WBFBTPL
AjaxAndy

4evablu wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:24 pm
AjaxAndy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:48 pm Who'd he play against Vs Norway? I have no idea who their LW is or the standard of that player.

if i remember right ? it was one of the bergs. They doubled him up as well at times with a young city player (who is their new golden boy) with the great name of BOBB - very good player and one to watch.
Cool, good to know he wasn't up against some two bit wonder from the Norwegian second tier.
Toddacelli

bigmanbob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:40 pm Didn't see the game but did read in the press that the previous game (Friday??) he had an absolute stinker
Young kid, ridiculously small amount of full professional games, he’s inconsistent and needs time, patience and games, games, games.
Cozzie

Thought Murdyk was much, MUCH quieter when this fella came on.
AjaxAndy

Overall did well I thought.

Was two occasions where I could see why Dyche doesn't trust him... One he bombed up on the overlap and then we lost it and they countered and he was too far forward to get back.

The other was he just seemed to switch off and was completely in the wrong position and Murdyk was in miles of space for an easy pass to him in a dangerous position (luckily someone covered and nothing came of it).

That's not me pissing on his parade, thought overall he was good and I was having kittens with Young over the at the start of the match, and Patterson looked much more suited against that kind of pace.

Just think there were two instances where it highlighted the issue Dyche probably has with starting him.

Saying that I do hope Young's leg fell off once he got in the dressing room and Patterson gets a start against Burnley... Looked to me like he did more than enough to warrant it.
cassius

Is he crap?

Will he improve with more game time? I'm just not sure, one or two moments of quality yesterday, mainly going forward, but I just don't think he'll be good enough as a defender.
AjaxAndy

Good cross on him, gets forward well... Just seems to get caught out of position or misreads the flight of the ball at the other end at least once a game.

I think he's showing decent potential though tbh, he's clearly raw defensively and that's going to be an issue in a Dyche team, but hopefully he can work on that and certainly I'd keep him in the team for a while to see how he develops.
Gash

I think we can probably give a 22 year old lad with about the same amount of PL starts to his name a bit more time. Plenty of time for him to learn but he either needs a run of games or a loan elsewhere, the trouble is like many young players we've had in the past, he's just good enough to play or be on the bench so that means we can't let him go on loan without someone else to cover.
Audrey Horne

I recon he needs games. His progress has been fucked, due to the shite managers/tactics.

He needs to be settled i think, be told to work hard and make the position his. He has the support so cement his place. I guess he also needs to be able to relax.

If he thinks every time he plays, it will be the last time for a bit (until Young/Colemen are injured) then he is going over the top and trying to make an impression.

Id tell him that he is in the team for the foreseeable, so relax and play the game he knows.

I like him. Yes, he makes mistakes, but i think we need to persevere here.
The Doc

In 2 years time he'll be a monster of a fullback.
Paddockoldie

Thought he did OK the other night. He's still young buy represents his country so he isn't shite. Look at Mykolenko and how He's come on with time and confidence. I think he'll be OK and must be a better option than Young
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic