Summer Transfer Window Discussion

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
StirlingBlue

Re: Summer Transfer Window Discussion

I don’t know how tight money is but I’d honestly be curious to see Patterson converted to an old school hug the line and cross RM.

Rightly or wrongly Dyche doesn’t trust him at RB but he’s still a talent and one we should try to use if money is tight as we can’t afford to have the money we spent on him go to waste
Cantoffee

StirlingBlue wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:27 pm I don’t know how tight money is but I’d honestly be curious to see Patterson converted to an old school hug the line and cross RM.

Rightly or wrongly Dyche doesn’t trust him at RB but he’s still a talent and one we should try to use if money is tight as we can’t afford to have the money we spent on him go to waste
I have to say I haven't seen much in the final third from Patterson to support this.

He seems pacy, ok with the ball but not sure he can cross or pass. Partially a symptom of the team he's in, partially because he's never really got a run (injured a lot) but I'm not sure.

That being said, he's 21 so lots of time to improve but he needs games. It's really unfortunate because both humans Chermiti could use a season on loan to play a lot and develop but we don't have the squad depth for that.
Silas

StirlingBlue wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:25 pm A central playmaker is pointless in our side, the plan is to penetrate early on the break and if that doesn’t work then recycle out wide for a cross.

Not knocking it, I actually think it suits our squad more but we need some really direct wide men, and importantly a right footer on the right.
A deep lying playmaker could be excellent for us though. Especially for any decent wingers we can get the ball too (currently just mc Neil I know)
StirlingBlue

Ross “Not good enough for Everton” Barkley apparently off to Villa
TheRam

Who said he wasn’t good enough for Everton?

Of course he’s good enough. Just doesn’t fit our style.

He doesn’t fit villas style either, but he fills the quota for europe and is a very good option to have in the squad.
AjaxAndy

StirlingBlue wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:51 pm Ross “Not good enough for Everton” Barkley apparently off to Villa
'I'd take Barkley at £35k a week' even though he'll be on at least double that wherever he goes so we couldn't afford him but people for some reason decided we'd get him for what he's on at Luton.

Goes both ways does this argument
Last edited by AjaxAndy on Mon May 20, 2024 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Sacamano

Ah another football club signs a footballer to play football. And so the flapping begins. Buckle up. It’s going to be a long summer.
Cereal Killer

Bob Sacamano wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:42 pm Ah another football club signs a footballer to play football. And so the flapping begins. Buckle up. It’s going to be a long summer.
It’s even better, he’s not even signed, just linked to joining Villa
UnsyisaRhino

StirlingBlue wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:51 pm Ross “Not good enough for Everton” Barkley apparently off to Villa
As a much needed rotation option I'd imagine. I doubt they'll need him to start every week and be reliant on him.

I think he'll do well there.
TheRam

Good for him though.

His career could have went a different way.

He’s 30 and looks like getting himself a good contract for a champions league club.

Didn’t quite live up to the potential but he can be happy at how he’s turned his career around.

Would still take him to the euros as a game changer but doubt that will happen for him.
Bluebridge

Didn’t he play for Villa before and bombed, or am I imagining that?
74Blue

Bluebridge wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:34 am Didn’t he play for Villa before and bombed, or am I imagining that?
Yes, he was there on loan a few years back. Had a couple of decent games for them, then turned to shit.
TheRam

Surely it is now big Sander Berge time?

Got player of the season for Burnley, is a giant, can pick a pass, can do the off the ball stuff.

The game is gone if this man isn’t pursued by Sean dyche all summer.
Bob Sacamano

TheRam wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:07 am Surely it is now big Sander Berge time?

Got player of the season for Burnley, is a giant, can pick a pass, can do the off the ball stuff.

The game is gone if this man isn’t pursued by Sean dyche all summer.
I think he’s low-key top 6/Europa league etc standard footballer.
Cozzie

I'd he happy with big sander like.

Get him in there next to Gueye.

We tried to sign him under Carlo didn't we? Or did I imagine that
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic