Patterson Future

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Shogun

Re: Patterson Future

He should be starting every week in the league now. We're not going to get relegated and we're not going to qualify for Europe. I'd rather potentially sacrifice 2/3 places in the league if it means he develops into a reliable and quality fullback.
cassius

Audrey Horne wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:29 pm I recon he needs games. His progress has been fucked, due to the shite managers/tactics.

He needs to be settled i think, be told to work hard and make the position his. He has the support so cement his place. I guess he also needs to be able to relax.

If he thinks every time he plays, it will be the last time for a bit (until Young/Colemen are injured) then he is going over the top and trying to make an impression.

Id tell him that he is in the team for the foreseeable, so relax and play the game he knows.

I like him. Yes, he makes mistakes, but i think we need to persevere here.
Yeah I agree and he was definitely trying too hard the other night.

I'd give him the position for the rest of the season and the opportunity to develop without the threat of relegation or one mistake putting us in the bottom 3.
Juanito

Think he has been lucky that his mistakes and rashness haven't led to a goal so far this season. Looks promising going forward though and has the potential to provide good crosses.
sam of the south

That 30th pass down the line to Beto v Newcastle was dope
AjaxAndy

Thought he did really well today, one dangerous moment where he was out muscled (but very similar to our disallowed goal)... I don't want to go back to Young now, we're better with Patterson in the team.
Cantoffee

Shows his man outside and gets beat a lot when doing it. Never confident with him in a 1v 1.

Hopefully learns and I'm OK with letting him work things out a bit. But truth is that he's got to start improving soon or Coleman will be back in for him.
Juanito

Thought he would be destroyed today but didn’t do too badly from what I remember. Let’s keep him in and keep him learning.
Toddacelli

I’m a big fan and believe he could be a cracking little player for us given time. It’s still amazing how many professional games he’s ever played in his career. Barely into double figures yet like.

Anyway I didn’t see the game so I came in to see what people thought but there’s not much.

So I’m gonna take that as a big plus for the lad because if he hadn’t been decent there would have been a lot more comments in here.
AjaxAndy

Toddacelli wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:35 am I’m a big fan and believe he could be a cracking little player for us given time. It’s still amazing how many professional games he’s ever played in his career. Barely into double figures yet like.

Anyway I didn’t see the game so I came in to see what people thought but there’s not much.

So I’m gonna take that as a big plus for the lad because if he hadn’t been decent there would have been a lot more comments in here.
Spurs fans couldn't believe Son got MOM because of how little he did in the game, which is great credit to Patterson imo, especially as he was left one v one multiple times.

He seems to have a moment or two every game where he's out of position, or wrestled off the ball too easily etc, but he's shown enough imo these last few games to say he's a better option than Young right now, with the obvious upside of a developmental trajectory that Young absolutely doesn't have.

Keep him in for now, take him out at points to protect him, but he needs to be first choice most weeks now.
AjaxAndy

Very good tonight imo, defended really well against Grealish.

I think he needs to get to Foden quicker for their first but apart from that I thought he was really good... Seems to be getting better every game.
Cods

AjaxAndy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:33 pm Very good tonight imo, defended really well against Grealish.

I think he needs to get to Foden quicker for their first but apart from that I thought he was really good... Seems to be getting better every game.
Genuine question, how come Patto was even there, rather than at right back? The shot came in from the left side of the box.
Gash

Thought he was quite poor in the first half but strangely much better once he got booked and had a very good second half.
blueforyou

Improving
AjaxAndy

Cods wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:39 pm Genuine question, how come Patto was even there, rather than at right back? The shot came in from the left side of the box.
Good question, have absolutely no idea though tbh... Was second phase of a set piece though so maybe something to do with that 🤷
dsaund

Nice to see him having some confidence in himself to play out from danger when it’s possible. Some neat little turns and fakes to buy himself some more time or a better pass that I feel we haven’t seen consistently until now
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic