Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

Lazarou II

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation

I am just glad we had an accountant as our owner otherwise we would be in the shit.
Gash

On the pitch we'll be fine, this'll galvanise the club and fans. The worry now is whether we'll be hit by lawsuits from relegated clubs.

Quite shocked though, I think we all knew we've been poor with money but I thought any punishment would be suspended.

The bar is set now though, they need to be hard on City and Chelsea etc of they've broken rules too and they need to sort it fast rather than kicking it down the road.
Cozzie

Not sure how an appeal works?

We've been thoroughly investigated so I don't see how we appeal this given that it's the first time a punishment has been dished out for this sort of thing.
777Kidnappings

Fucking disgrace. 10pts for 20m apparently. If the maximum is 12pts.... then why would a team go 7m a season over for 10pts when you could got a billion over for only a slightly worse punishment

Fed up with football. What's city's punishment going to be? They've cheated in a way (apparently) which means they'll be elite forever. All the money they make now is "fruit from the poisonous tree"

Fucking 10pts. Disgraceful bunch of absolute cunts
Lazarou II

Cozzie wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:50 pm Not sure how an appeal works?

We've been thoroughly investigated so I don't see how we appeal this given that it's the first time a punishment has been dished out for this sort of thing.

Unless we have new eveidence I can't see how that will go anywhere.
toffee_scot

Crap

I hope as well we can use this to galvanise the club and create an “us against the world” mentality.

Also if I was a Man City fan I’d be shitting myself a little bit
777Kidnappings

Gash wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:48 pm On the pitch we'll be fine, this'll galvanise the club and fans. The worry now is whether we'll be hit by lawsuits from relegated clubs.

Quite shocked though, I think we all knew we've been poor with money but I thought any punishment would be suspended.

The bar is set now though, they need to be hard on City and Chelsea etc of they've broken rules too and they need to sort it fast rather than kicking it down the road.

I don't see how that can be a thing. If we go down this season do we get to sue the team that finished third bottom because it should have been delt with earlier.
Cantoffee

Huge task ahead if that verdict stands.

I know we're close to safety now even with the 10 points docked but we're not good enough to think we'll be 10 points clear. Easy enough for us to go on a bad run and one of the others to start picking up some points.

Huge task ahead. Very disproportionate punishment.
777Kidnappings

All city's charges are about hiding the spend aren't they?? So if you just spend a couple of billion or 20m and admit it they can only give you a 12 point penalty anyway? The whole thing seems ridiculous.
Gash

777Kidnappings wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:54 pm
Gash wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:48 pm On the pitch we'll be fine, this'll galvanise the club and fans. The worry now is whether we'll be hit by lawsuits from relegated clubs.

I don't see how that can be a thing. If we go down this season do we get to sue the team that finished third bottom because it should have been delt with earlier.
What don't you see? They'll claim that we stayed up by the skin of our teeth but spent more than we should have, it's not a huge leap for them to make. I don't know whether they will and it may end up there's no case to answer, but it's been rumoured and reported since this all started that the relegated clubs will take action if we're found guilty so it shouldn't be a surprise if they do try to sue us for loss of PL income.
Bluedylan1

I don't think you need new evidence to pursue an appeal. You can base an appeal upon demonstrating how the decision and punishment is hugely disproportionate and unjust, and point to a variety of factors that play into that (stadium costs, working with the Prem for 2 years to sign off every transfer, having to sell our key player for possibly less than we should have, lack of action on other richer clubs with better lawyers).

I know we've been badly run, but they've clearly decided to make an example of a less fashionable club. It's an utter disgrace.

Six clubs resigned from the fucking league and nothing happened to them, for fuck's sake.
Fieldy618

This is a disgrace.

City and Chelsea better be getting hit with a points deduction well over what we've been given but I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Fuck the PL, after that super league shit show - we came out condemning it and to back the PL and those teams just come back with a slap on the wrist.

What about us being the ONLY team to ever be charged with that retrospective diving ban? Coincidence? Absolutely not.

Corrupt bastards.
Cozzie

Yeah. It was always gonna be little old us wasn't it.

I hope we do try to appeal but I fail to see how.
Gary1878

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:01 pm I don't think you need new evidence to pursue an appeal. You can base an appeal upon demonstrating how the decision and punishment is hugely disproportionate and unjust, and point to a variety of factors that play into that (stadium costs, working with the Prem for 2 years to sign off every transfer, having to sell our key player for possibly less than we should have, lack of action on other richer clubs with better lawyers).

I know we've been badly run, but they've clearly decided to make an example of a less fashionable club. It's an utter disgrace.

Six clubs resigned from the fucking league and nothing happened to them, for fuck's sake.
The top clubs can do what they want and just get a fine. Quit the league and try to fuck it over completely? No problem, just pay a small fine and we will forget about it.

Oh but a £20m greater loss over a 3 year rolling period - oh dear oh dear. That is criminal. Have a 10 point deduction.

And let’s wait to see what City get. If they are giving us a 10 point deduction, unless they are corrupt, City are fucked. Pure and simple. Might mean titles given up and instant relegation given the financial fuckery that they have been doing for the last 15 years.
Shogun

Mad that City are getting relegated then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic