Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cods

Re: Relegation

Escla wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:22 am And then get another 10 point penalty for tge second charge.
That's my point, it'll very unlikely be 10+,
So factor it in now.
Cantoffee

We have plenty of winnable games coming with Doucoure and Onana to return soon.

Fixture list has made it look a bit rough but 5 of our last 7 are against probably the 5 other worse teams in the league.

After this weekend we have three very winnable games and Luton are up against United, Liverpool, and Villa with a cup match against City squeezed in there.

Form and momentum can shift quickly.

We do need points on the board so a win vs Palace will do us a world of good.

Can't get stuck on potential points deductions, appeals, etc - maybe we end up with more points, maybe less, maybe the same. Who knows, but with a full squad we are midtable so if we get back to that we'll do as well as we can to survive.
weimaranerblues

We will be 4pts of Luton later , Long way to go but think Luton will be ok, Forest or Palace bang in trouble
Gash

weimaranerblues wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:30 am We will be 4pts of Luton later , Long way to go but think Luton will be ok, Forest or Palace bang in trouble
Their next three games are Man Utd (H) Liverpool (A) Villa (H) so not an easy run and hopefully a morale sapping pumping by Man City in the cup in between Liverpool and Villa.
Polledreng

weimaranerblues wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:30 am We will be 4pts of Luton later , Long way to go but think Luton will be ok, Forest or Palace bang in trouble
Agree Brentford will be in trouble as well.
Cantoffee

Absolutely no reason to believe Luton are safe. They have been on a good run but have tough matches coming up. It's not like their 8 points clear.

An injury or two to key players, some tough matches and they're likely right back in trouble.
Juanito

Go on Sheffield United!!!
Stumpy

Cantoffee wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:37 pm Absolutely no reason to believe Luton are safe. They have been on a good run but have tough matches coming up. It's not like their 8 points clear.

An injury or two to key players, some tough matches and they're likely right back in trouble.
Yeah nuts to think luton are safe, and it could be said if they fail to turn the sheff utd game around it will hit them for six
brap2

Great result for us that
Mouse

Honestly, the knee jerk reactions last week were mad. That’s Luton safe because they drew at Newcastle? Anyway, long way to go and there’ll be unexpected results as there always are. Still believe we will be fine.
Kerryblueboy

Need to beat palace to get some momentum going they are not going well at the moment forest losing this evening keeps them in it too
Shogun

I just don't see us finishing below Forest this season, assuming points penalties would be equal.
Cozzie

Forest and Palace the 2 I'm looking at.

Luton too obviously but reckon they will be OK.
Cozzie

Unfortunately the difference between relegation and safety for Brentford is a certain fellow by the name of Ivan Toney.

If he stays fit they will be more than fine.
Mouse

Relegation

Cozzie wrote:Forest and Palace the 2 I'm looking at.

Luton too obviously but reckon they will be OK.
I don’t get the confidence you have in Luton. Lost today and may well lose their next 3 games. A run like that is difficult to break out of.
Locked Previous topicNext topic