Brands - Benitez blocked Luis Diaz signing

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Shogun

Brands - Benitez blocked Luis Diaz signing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-31395247

"I wanted to install my philosophy and structure into the Club which would allow Everton to progress but decisions from above did not allow this. In the Summer of 2021 we were looking to bring in Luis Diaz from Porto, I was working hard in making James Rodriguez go to Porto as part of the deal that would bring Diaz to the Club however Rafa Benitez (Everton Manager at the time) ruled against as he was unsure on the player.

"At this time the Manager held significant clout with the Owner. This was just one example of the difficulties I experienced as Director of Football at Everton. I’m not prepared to speak on the details of how my exit from Everton came about in respect to the Club but I believe under Sean Dyche and Kevin Thelwell the Club can get the stability it so badly needs."
777Kidnappings

Re: Brands - Benitez blocked Luis Diaz signing

With what money
TheRam

Isn’t that a fake quote?
Escla

TheRam wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:32 am Isn’t that a fake quote?
Could well be, if Brands left under a compromise agreement he will certainly have been obliged to sign a legally binding non disclosure agreement.
Kerryblueboy

Wouldn’t surprise me he also blocked Dumfries and anguissa coming in brands was good at his job if allowed to do it without manager or owner interference
Phillyt

Have the mirror genuinely quoted that behind the game account.

That is sone outstanding trolling. I think whoever y it xx doing it us the most subtly brilliant wind up merchant around at the moment. There is just enough
basis in truth for it to be believable. He/she will dine out on this achievement for weeks.
777Kidnappings

Kerryblueboy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:31 am Wouldn’t surprise me he also blocked Dumfries and anguissa coming in brands was good at his job if allowed to do it without manager or owner interference
Again with what money. You've got him blocking 80m worth of signings there. We spent 1.5m that summer and have been fucked by ffp since. It makes zero sense
Kerryblueboy

Anguissa was a loan Dumfries was a purchase alright but it’s common knowledge that there was money there to spend just Benitez wanted his own players
777Kidnappings

Kerryblueboy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:41 pm Anguissa was a loan Dumfries was a purchase alright but it’s common knowledge that there was money there to spend just Benitez wanted his own players
He didn't get his own players. Or are you suggesting he wanted 3 players for 1.5m rather than 70 or 80m worth of talent. Why haven't we been able to spend that money since. How are we maxed out on ffp now but had 70m available then? It really doesn't make any sense whatsoever
Cozzie

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:57 pm
Kerryblueboy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:41 pm Anguissa was a loan Dumfries was a purchase alright but it’s common knowledge that there was money there to spend just Benitez wanted his own players
He didn't get his own players. Or are you suggesting he wanted 3 players for 1.5m rather than 70 or 80m worth of talent. Why haven't we been able to spend that money since. How are we maxed out on ffp now but had 70m available then? It really doesn't make any sense whatsoever
Diaz wouldn't have cost that much though.

The deal we where trying to do was James going the other way which would have meant we could have got Diaz for a knock down price.

It's all irrelevant anyway when you factor in it was actually James himself who didn't want to go, he chased the money in Qatar.
Bluebridge

FFP wouldn’t have been as much of an issue had Usmanov not been sanctioned, we’d probably have had a down payment on naming rights of the stadium or some other form of sponsorship.
Kerryblueboy

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:57 pm
Is this uncle Carlo back
Toffee1

Gash

Paging Walzer to the Brands thread, Waltzer to the Brands thread!

Oh wait, he hasn't joined the new forum. :)

I'd love to hear more stuff to come out from Brands, just another bonkers time under Moshiri where he seemed to be doing all the right things only for him to then go and make a complete cunt of it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic