Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

Gash

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

Duncandisorderly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 pm So it reads that it's unlikely that we will get any further deduction, but still a possibility. Thick as fuck decision to continue with this appeal in my opinion but nothing surprises me with this club, not worth the gamble of the extra 3m for a place. Also drags it on and gives it this little bit of doubt again just when we're starting to relax.
It's not just £3m though. There's a lot of ifs buts and maybe's but if we get the points back and results go our way we could finish 13th, if we don't and Forest do and we fuck up every game between now and the end of the season and they win them we could finish 17th, so it's a lot more than just £3m at stake, that's a £15m swing in money.
Duncandisorderly

Gash wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 pm It's not just £3m though. There's a lot of ifs buts and maybe's but if we get the points back and results go our way we could finish 13th, if we don't and Forest do and we fuck up every game between now and the end of the season and they win them we could finish 17th, so it's a lot more than just £3m at stake, that's a £15m swing in money.
Like you say though, that's all if buts and maybes, maybe we don't win another game because we're on the beach. Why risk what we do have right now for something that could go either way, when just over a week ago we'd all have been over the moon with 17th.
Gash

Duncandisorderly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm Like you say though, that's all if buts and maybes, maybe we don't win another game because we're on the beach. Why risk what we do have right now for something that could go either way, when just over a week ago we'd all have been over the moon with 17th.
I don't think anyone believes for a minute that our punishment will be increased, there would have been lots of speculation going around if that was the case. I think people are just seeing what can happen with red cards and assuming this could be the same. It won't cost that much to do an appeal and if it means we can finish a couple of places further up the table then it all helps given our current financial state.
Free Agent

Yes, but as we saw with the PL’s introduction of red cards for simulation - whenever its Everton, there is always a way (to f**k ‘em over)
Cods

Bloody ominous date that...

But we need to appeal to potentially gain an extra 3m per place.

This one won't be as swanky as a KC Rabinowitz representation, it might be more like one of those No Win No Fee jobs.
Gash

No great surprise, the deduction they got was very lenient anyway.

Luton, it's over to you.
777Kidnappings

I do wonder if punishments are decided based on the league. Points back would have finished the relegation battle. Wonder if Burnley and Luton winning and forest losing might have seen them get a point or 2 back.

Can't really believe they appealed. General opinion seemed to be they'd got off lightly anyway
weimaranerblues

My genuine belief is yes they would have gotta points back, if they had suddenly found themselves adrift. Similar to to when the initially punished us with 10pts, to put us on par with the bottom 3 .

They need to look like they are acting on the punishment but don t want to be directly responsible.
Phillyt

With forest losing their appeal I think not withdrawing our own appeal is the height of stupidity. One of the key factors of our appeal is that two punishments in a season was unfair. There is a massive chance that If we win this appeal we start next season 2pts down and that will be the most Everton thing ever.
Bluedylan1

I really don't think there's much to see here.

Forest just tried an appeal on the basis of ''you might as well have a go, because you never know'', but it was never going to be reduced and it was never going to be increased, and the same will be the case with our appeal.

I think given how close to the end of the season all of this was going to run, any potential appeals were factored into the punishments already.
Trowel

One of the main reasons for our appeal is there is a good chance we'll be in a similar position with next year's accounts, so it's an opportunity to test the principles of double counting and any associated relief.
Toffee1

Have they tweeted a response yet?
Phillyt

Trowel wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:41 am One of the main reasons for our appeal is there is a good chance we'll be in a similar position with next year's accounts, so it's an opportunity to test the principles of double counting and any associated relief.
I thought there was about 25m needed to comply, but I’m not sure what the projected finish was on that figure. If we can shift Onana before the deadline that should be enough. But if we are likely to breach again, and there’s a chance of sanction for the restating of stadium interest I’d say the idea of an unnecessary 2 points before we even start is frightening.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic