Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

Shogun

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

Not expecting them to get any points back (nor us) but you never know with the way thing are going with this lot.

7th/8th March was when their first charge was heard.
24th April is the appeal

25th-27th March was when our second charge was heard.
Does that mean we're talking like the second week of May for our appeal for be heard, I wonder? Would probably to be announced after our final home game against Sheffield United on the 11th May.
Toffee1

Toffee1

74Blue

Toffee1 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am
They are preparing the office at The Etihad as we speak.
777Kidnappings

What are we hoping for from the forest appeal. It seems extremely unlikely that they'll take more points. So do we want it as is or forest to get something back which possibly increases the chances of us getting something too.
superpull

Thinking it should be less than 2 seems highly unlikely
NickNack

I hope they double the deduction. Also think we’ve made a big mistake appealing - what even are the grounds for doing so?
777Kidnappings

NickNack wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:33 pm I hope they double the deduction. Also think we’ve made a big mistake appealing - what even are the grounds for doing so?
If they increase forest's points we can just withdraw our appeal

I think everyone is appealing because every following decision is less than the last. No one knows what a normal punishment is
MIG

We should appeal for being punished twice in one season for them being behind.
Can’t deny our guilt but that is just wrong.
Having said that it’s looking like we should just take it and move on.
Cozzie

The thing is. On an appeal you're meant to provide new evidence.

Other than the excuse surrounding the sale of Brennan Johnson I don't see what new evidence Forest have? Wasn't that their sole excuse?

But then I don't know what else we have other than trying to say it was harsh being punished twice in one season.
HANNU

Cozzie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:03 pm The thing is. On an appeal you're meant to provide new evidence.

Other than the excuse surrounding the sale of Brennan Johnson I don't see what new evidence Forest have? Wasn't that their sole excuse?

But then I don't know what else we have other than trying to say it was harsh being punished twice in one season.

It's my understanding that you can't enter new evidence, the appeal is solely to determin if the penalty is fair or not,

In our first appeal we was not allowed to offer new evidence
777Kidnappings

HANNU wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:36 pm It's my understanding that you can't enter new evidence, the appeal is solely to determin if the penalty is fair or not,

In our first appeal we was not allowed to offer new evidence
Yeah that's it. Just the same evidence with a new commission. The whole thing is silly
CannockPricey

Without going down another rabbit hole, given there are no precedents on points deductions for PSR/FFP prior to this season, given no actual guidelines have been published, given that all three deductions have produced different outcomes, I absolutely don't understand how any subsequent commission even begins to decide whether the initial commission acted properly or not.
NickNack

CannockPricey wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:46 am Without going down another rabbit hole, given there are no precedents on points deductions for PSR/FFP prior to this season, given no actual guidelines have been published, given that all three deductions have produced different outcomes, I absolutely don't understand how any subsequent commission even begins to decide whether the initial commission acted properly or not.
PL have done a great job of proving they don’t need an independent regulator haven’t they? :roll:
Trowel

A much better idea than the % of turnover.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic