Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues

What is the lowest amount of points you would feel content with receiving back from the appeal?

5%
1-3
7%
4-6
53%
7-9
10%
24%

Total votes: 58

Cozzie

Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

Will we get docked 12 points?

Don't reckon we will personally, any points docking will likely be suspended.

All conjecture at the moment anyway, people saying it will take months for this to come to a conclusion.

Could do with it out the way like, whatever the outcome.
Last edited by Cozzie on Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shogun

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation

Premier League suggesting "up to 12 points" according to the Telegraph, wasn't it?

Tbh if we get docked points for breaking these arbitrary rules whilst Man City continue to kick it down the road and the 6 clubs who tried to destroy the league got a £20m fine each then I'll probably care even less about football than I do already!
NomadskiEFC

0 point deduction for trying to set up a rival league that would undermine the very fabric of the English game, and other leagues across Europe, 9 points for a club going into administration, but we can get 12 points for something no one seems clear on exactly? And according to BBC reports it was to do with interest payments on a loan covering something about the stadium, which I thought was outside of FFP restrictions?

Don't understand any of it, but I'm sure we won't be treated in any way harshly so the Premier League can look like it's keeping it's house in order with the spectre of an independent regulator looming over the horizon.
chang

What I don't understand is the PL has asked a supposedly an independent panel to investigate this matter, but according to the press the PL are suggesting the sentence should we be found in breech, surely the PL should not be involved in any way other than presenting their case against Everton ?
NomadskiEFC

Is the actual hearing happening right now? Is that why the "up to 12 point deduction" aspect got made public?
BlueDoom

Think we will get a suspended points deduction, maybe a transfer ban AND fine. Guessing City will get a points deduction AND a big fine.
Cozzie

The whole 12 points is reportedly the MAXIMUM possible punishment.

It's like when you read those billboards and it says something like speeding 100mph could get you 4 years in prison and a 5 grand fine, then when you actually get nicked it ends up being 20 hours community service or something like that.

I still don't know specifically what the actual charge is as of yet, I'm pretty sure we've been more than compliant in regards to FFP/P+S.

Many saying it's an issue over a dodgy loan we took out to fund the stadium, who knows.

One thing I have learned is that a shit tonne of journos are deserprate to see us fail.
Gash

NomadskiEFC wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:22 pm Is the actual hearing happening right now? Is that why the "up to 12 point deduction" aspect got made public?
I think it was due to start yesterday but actually started earlier with the outcome expected by the end of the year.

I still don't think we'll get anything too serious, probably something suspended whether that's a fine or points deduction or both. They'll be mindful that the likes of Man City could be/are neck deep in it so whatever happens to us with need to far more severe for them even if they are guilty of only 10% of the charges against them.
NomadskiEFC

Gash wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:41 pm
NomadskiEFC wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:22 pm Is the actual hearing happening right now? Is that why the "up to 12 point deduction" aspect got made public?
I think it was due to start yesterday but actually started earlier with the outcome expected by the end of the year.

I still don't think we'll get anything too serious, probably something suspended whether that's a fine or points deduction or both. They'll be mindful that the likes of Man City could be/are neck deep in it so whatever happens to us with need to far more severe for them even if they are guilty of only 10% of the charges against them.
Hopefully that will be the case (re us). I just hope we aren't going to be used as a political football by the PL re the threat of an independent regulator.
blueToffee

We tend to be a handy punching bag for these sort of decisions, as we're big enough to make it seem like they're doing something but not nearly powerful enough particularly in terms of any media presence or political clout to given them any real blowback. It's the perfect combo. They get to check the box to say they did something then when Man City or whoever come around it'll be a whole other set of rules...but it's ok because look Everton are playing non-league football now or whatever.

We'll see though, the only positive is this is literally the only year in recent memory where a small deduction *might* be able to be overcome due to the teams in the league this year. Anything big though and we'd likely be toast.
Juanito

My initial thought when I saw this was how much I hate Moshiri
ForeverEverton

blueToffee wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:12 am We tend to be a handy punching bag for these sort of decisions, as we're big enough to make it seem like they're doing something but not nearly powerful enough particularly in terms of any media presence or political clout to given them any real blowback. It's the perfect combo. They get to check the box to say they did something then when Man City or whoever come around it'll be a whole other set of rules...but it's ok because look Everton are playing non-league football now or whatever.

We'll see though, the only positive is this is literally the only year in recent memory where a small deduction *might* be able to be overcome due to the teams in the league this year. Anything big though and we'd likely be toast.
I agree, every day now feels like a Premier League, and media pile on, disrespectful seeing as the club is mourning the chairman.

I`m not sure what we have done wrong, like everyone else, the media don`t even know but they are controlling the narrative that `we are guilty` and the `Premier League are pushing for 12 point deduction` and this is sending everyone in to a bit of a panic.

1) We haven`t been found guilty or charged with anything as yet, perhaps we will not be. From what I understand it is surrounding money or tax coming back to the club from the stadium company which by it`s sheer nature is loss making.

2) I don`t think it will be points being that it wasn`t sporting i.e. overspending on wages or transfers and the amount isn`t extraordinary.

I may be wildly wrong but while there is silence the media will run with whatever Everton hating thought from inside their tiny brains. The truth is nobody knows what the referral is for and nobody knows what they are looking at, not even the media.

The PL have been working with Everton for the best part of 2 years, maybe even longer, if we are found to have breached the Premier League will also be implicated. It could be a referral to find us innocent of any wrong doing to finally clear the Premier League and Everton from possible lawsuits from Burnley, Leeds, Leicester etc... Again we just don`t know.
Trowel

Hopefully we can sort out the Twitter embeds on here, otherwise I'm fucked 😅
https://twitter.com/ElBobble/status/1717902032634269824
Last edited by Trowel on Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cozzie

Long wait then.

Whatever happens we will likely appeal unless it's a basic fine.
ForeverEverton

Simon Jordan re the case below, apparently the Premier League were not very impressive

https://twitter.com/UpperGwladysBlu/sta ... 4390127056
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic