Relegation

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
blueToffee

Relegation

Well back here again.

This does seem to warrant it's own thread separate to the deduction from a purely what needs to be done on the football pitch point of view.

Have to assume until otherwise stated the situation is now:

Luton 16 pts
Burnley 12 pts
-----------------------------------------
Nottingham Forest 10 pts
Sheffield Utd 9 pts
Everton 7 pts

I would say I think we'd need to catch up to Luton still. Which will be hard as they're in good form. Nottingham Forest have been playing well so while they're catchable, it's likely not going to be easy to get above them and stay there. Even Sheffield Utd are looking more resolute under Wilder. I'd not be totally surprised if they thought they could get above Burnley for instance.

Right now the gap to Burnley is 5 pts which I suppose is doable but we'd really be in a race with Forest at that point you'd suspect. Making up the 9 pt gap to Luton is the big ask.

Going to be a grind if we can do it.
Gash

Re: Relegation

Oh fuck off, talk about putting a downer on an already shite day.
blueToffee

Gash wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:20 pm Oh fuck off, talk about putting a downer on an already shite day.
Wasn't trying to be a downer. More what needs to be done as there isn't much input or influence fans have on the FFP side of things.

If anything, the gap (5pts) is actually somewhat positive and somehow still doable with a 20 point deduction.

It's a challenge, but I want to have something to focus on rather than wondering what a panel might decide.
Last edited by blueToffee on Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AjaxAndy

Imagine if we were deducted 20 points, stayed up AND won the FA Cup... Obviously won't happen but that would be the craziest season of all time.

I'm not counting any further points deductions beyond the original ten point one though, as it's unknown at this point how we've breached the rules, the severity, the arguments we'll make or the subsequent outcome and appeal.

So until otherwise stated I'm burying my head in the sand and saying we're still not in the relegation zone and on 17 points.
Gash

blueToffee wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:21 pm Wasn't trying to be a downer. More what needs to be done.

If anything, the gap (5pts) is actually somehow still doable with a 20 point deduction.
We've not been deducted any more points, until we are nothing changes. Feels like someone was desperate to start a relegation thread again.
Shogun

Tbh there's pretty much no point in this thread at all this season. We could be 6 point clear after the final day and still get relegated.

We could be 6 points adrift and not get relegated.

Just a mess.
TheRam

I get the need for the thread, but why do we have to assume we’re having another ten points taken off us?

Let’s just play the table as it is and let the proceedings play out.

If we do get another deduction nobody knows if it will be ten or less at this point.
weimaranerblues

Under the so called rules 6pts plus 1pt for every 5*m over 35m season 22-33 we don't know what size the breach is.
NickNack

Assuming the 10 points stand, I still think we’ve a fight on our hands to stay up even without further deductions
blueToffee

Gash wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:23 pm We've not been deducted any more points, until we are nothing changes. Feels like someone was desperate to start a relegation thread again.
Yeah, you're right, I was making an assumption based on previous charge and panel actions. I can see how that's unduly pessimistic, given they've not docked us anything further yet, but I don't trust them not to. They don't get the benefit of the doubt for me on this given their statements and actions to date I think they have an agenda to act tough on this for the sake of trying to avoid government oversight.

It wasn't the intention to add to negativity, believe it or not. The intention of these threads over the last couple of seasons has always been how do we avoid relegation rather than we're fucked. Plotting a path to safety is always a bit of a nonsense, but that's just my preference.

Anyhow, that said, I will fuck off now. Feel free to delete the thread, I jumped the gun on the deduction.
777Kidnappings

I think 10 points is touch and go. Any more and we are fucked.
777Kidnappings

At 20 points I'd happily accept we aren't staying up and just throw every game to highlight the utter farce of it all
brap2

Won't be ten.

I reckon it will be 6 if we don't manage to argue it out in the committee, depending on the ruling on the appeal next month, but considering the amount that dropped off the calculation there's no way we will be over by the same amount. It's criminal we were over at all to be honest.

So 16 total...maybe get the original 10 argued down a little.

I personally expect forest to be 10-12.

Dunno if we survive it to be honest.
superpull

Burnley (H)
Chelsea (A)
Forest (H)
Brentford (H)
Luton (A)
Sheff U (H)

Feel that we're waiting to that run of fixtures as a run in aren't we? No point including Arsenal away as the last game.

Keep in touch till then and we have a very good chance of dealing with even a 16 point deduction in total.
UnsyisaRhino

brap2 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 pm Won't be ten.

I reckon it will be 6 if we don't manage to argue it out in the committee, depending on the ruling on the appeal next month, but considering the amount that dropped off the calculation there's no way we will be over by the same amount. It's criminal we were over at all to be honest.

So 16 total...maybe get the original 10 argued down a little.

I personally expect forest to be 10-12.

Dunno if we survive it to be honest.
You heard it here first, our original punishment will be re-evaluated and changed to 4 points now, a further 4 points suspended depending on meeting certain criteria and a fine. The new ruling will end up being a fine only.

We'll finish 16th comfortably.
Locked Previous topicNext topic