Mykolenko

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
AjaxAndy

Re: Vitaliy Mykolenko

superpull wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:21 pm Suspect teams thought of him in the same manner as this forum and have under-estimated him as a threat.

Reckon we'll see more defensive coverage of him crossing the half-way line going forward.
I wouldn't say him crossing the halfway line is something that's a problem for other teams tbh, it's not like he's marauding forward with the ball... Weirdly he's been ghosting in to the penalty area when we've had the ball, but he's not been directly involved until the final part.
Cozzie

Continues to be very solid defensively doesn't he?

Long may it continue.
AjaxAndy

Cozzie wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:44 am Continues to be very solid defensively doesn't he?

Long may it continue.
He's class 1v1, wingers really seem to struggle to get past him.
Bluedylan1

Really dominating performance. Physically excellent, good on the ball, making good decisions over and over again.

Amazed by the improvement. I've been one calling for patience with him, and saying he's got more to give, but I didn't think he was capable of that level tonight.
AjaxAndy

Yeah been a huge improvement from him since getting back in the team, looks a premier league player all day long now.

Always loved his attitude but now he's showing the football side to match, great to see 🙌
Big Nevs Vaz

He’s improved so much. I’m delighted he has proven me wrong.
Playing with confidence and looks like he has been on a strength and conditioning programme. Looking to get forward at every chance.
Blueomar

His form right now is out-fucking-standing. Really growing into the league and his role within the team.
dsaund

Monumental. Feel like he can lock down just about anyone at the minute
Toddacelli

He’s still young with more to come.
brap2

Yeah he's shocked me massively, another monsterclass last night. Lockdown defender who doesn't disgrace himself on the ball.
brap2

Yeah he's shocked me massively, another monsterclass last night. Lockdown defender who doesn't disgrace himself on the ball.
Bluenose91

Some turnaround from him the last couple of months.

Loved his little dummy on Gordon during the build up to the Beto goal as well.
Risky

He's getting better all the time. I thought last night he was superb defensively, but what impressed me most was how under control and confident everything he did was. He's clearly settled in and knows that he's good enough, where previously you felt even he doubted himself a bit. He was classy last night.
Bluedylan1

Yes exactly. So assured and confident, making the right decisions so often.

Last season, you could see the nervousness emanating from him and whenever the ball went to him you were mostly thinking ''just lay it off Myko, and find a man'' and it was almost a relief when he moved the ball onto someone else.

He was holding onto the ball last night, drawing the press from whichever Newcastle player was nearest and then laying it off to give the man he was passing to the maximum amount of time on the ball, and you can only do that with confidence.
MIG

Maybe this proves that we should be more patient with Patterson?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic