Man City Suing Premier League

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Toffee1

Man City Suing Premier League

Gary1878

Re: Financial Fairplay Investigation - Further 2 points deducted.

Toffee1 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:50 pm
Wow. And their defence starts.
superpull

"tyranny of the majority" is not an accusation I'd personally make if I was trying to win hearts and minds like :lol:
Bob Sacamano

lol. Let the pantomime begin
Gash

Re: Man City Suing Premier League

Might as well have a separate thread for it seeing as it could rumble on for a while.

The fucking cheek of them!
Toffee1

Thank you for moving and creating a separate thread for this.
Toffee1

The best form of defence is attack and they certainly have the means to see this through.

One of their dedicated Twitter pages, even posted that they were doing this for Everton and Forest after what happened to us last season with PSR.

I hope they get taken to the cleaners but won't hold my breath.
Cozzie

Yeah. They have the money and power to keep kicking the can down the road unfortunately.
Toffee1

Shogun

There are no good guys in this fight, not bothered about what happens.

Even the 'worst case' scenario for City isn't that bad. They get deducted enough points to see them relegated, but they'd be back in the season after anyway. Bit like Juventus after Calciopoli.
Gash

Their Etihad deal was always cooking the books, a company that was less than 10 years old, never made a profit and strong links to the owners sponsored the club for £400m.

This is them just pushing back against their 115 charges to try and make them look like the one's in the right, they've obviously been scrambling around to try and find some way to fight the PL and figure this is the way to do it. Whether it works is another thing.
777Kidnappings

Find it all pretty amusing. Ffp isn't remotely fair or about protecting clubs. City have obviously cheated. The premier league are obviously inept. Quite looking forward to city trying to beat them into submission. Hope it drags on for years with every city win provoking moans from all the other rich clubs

Fuck them all. City, the premier league, Liverpool Man U and Arsenal crying about it. Bet the premier league wish they'd never got started with this nonsense now
Shogun

Speaking of allowing clubs to become too powerful, I bet if Man City ever did get relegated then Girona would get some cracking loan deals out of it.
Jamokachi

Yea, I find it hard to be annoyed by what City have done when PSR/FFP is basically the construct of Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc after Chelsea/Abramovich came along and spoiled their party. There does need to be protection and fairness, but we don't have them with the current rules that just benefit the status quo.

Like Shogs says, there are no winners in this case... hopefully it leads to better rules and fairness for everyone, tho.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic