Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Escla

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

That’s at least another £10 mil on his price tag in the summer.
Gary1878

Just the start for Jarrad. Very well deserved.
cassius

I'm genuinely delighted for the lad.
Cereal Killer

Just hope he doesn’t get lumped at left back
sam of the south

Shogun wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:14 pm Good for him. Sure the big 6 lads will be in his ear.
Hideous visions 😳
Kerryblueboy

Here is the exact example of what to do right in the transfer market great loan over to brands at psv should be the way to go forward
Escla

Kerryblueboy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:59 pm Here is the exact example of what to do right in the transfer market great loan over to brands at psv should be the way to go forward
I’ll drive Holgate there then !
AjaxAndy

Shogun wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:14 pm Good for him. Sure the big 6 lads will be in his ear.
Doesn't worry me tbh, he'll be gone in the summer no matter what to either fund squad reinforcements or pay back some of what we borrowed from 777.

Only question is will we be selling him for a reduced fee because we've been relegated or to quickly meet PSR for that year.

Sadly this is how it is with us now, absolutely nothing to look forward to.
Gary1878

AjaxAndy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:08 pm Doesn't worry me tbh, he'll be gone in the summer no matter what to either fund squad reinforcements or pay back some of what we borrowed from 777.

Only question is will we be selling him for a reduced fee because we've been relegated or to quickly meet PSR for that year.

Sadly this is how it is with us now, absolutely nothing to look forward to.
Yep the biggest worry isn’t selling him, it’s for what price and in what circumstances.

Selling him for a world record fee is absolutely fantastic for us. Yes we would lose an outstanding young player, but there aren’t many clubs who would reject it.

What would really piss me off is if we were forced to sell for £40m-£50m. Because we know he is going to be potentially better than John Stones, and he went for £50m. In today’s money according to football inflation, that now equals £68m (transfer Index).

And then you have Harry Maguire, which was just a big error in terms of the fee but well bargained by Leicester.

So £75m feels right as a starting point, but it should go towards the £100m if we don’t need to sell.
bigmanbob

(and who we buy in his place)
CannockPricey

In an ideal world, he doesn't play. Don't want him injured in meaningless games putting him out of our run in.
Gary1878

CannockPricey wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:04 am In an ideal world, he doesn't play. Don't want him injured in meaningless games putting him out of our run in.
Personally I would love to see him play, but perhaps a half of football or 20 minutes. He deserves a chance to get on the pitch.

Genuinely excited for him to see how far he can go in his career.
CannockPricey

I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather our players didn't play internationals. Just see iinternational football as a pointless injury risk. I will admit that I just don't watch international tournaments or pay any attention to them and most do.
Audrey Horne

Going to be so sad when he leaves in the summer. I really hope he doesnt go to United.
Escla

Nightmare scenario is he goes to United and we get Maguire as part of the deal !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic