The Everton stopper was nicknamed the US Secretary of Defence after a World Cup in Brazil which saw him break the record for the number of saves made in one match.
He then took time out to focus on his club career and spending more time with his family, but now says he wants to get back between the sticks for the USA.
“I spoke to coach Klinsmann and we have had open lines of communication as recently as last week. We spoke but obviously they are very busy with the Gold Cup at the moment,” he told evertontv.
“We will speak again after that tournament finishes and I will make myself available for selection. We will see where we go from there.
“I have missed it. It was a tough decision to make. It has been a good break, but all it has done is really fuelled my fire. I have missed the boys, the competition and playing in front of the US fans.”
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Richarlison must be the man to lead the line - September 24, 2018
- Silva: Poor decision cost us - September 23, 2018
- Davies: We put in a good shift - September 23, 2018
- Pickford: Training under Silva is much tougher than last year - September 23, 2018