Ronald Koeman says there is no relationship between himself and the Republic of Ireland management team and says he is simply defending Everton’s case over injured players appearing for their country.
James McCarthy withdrew from international duty last week but Koeman has said that he is fit enough to be named in the squad to face Swansea this weekend for Everton, something the Irish media have taken umbrage with.
However, Koeman says he is focused on the Premier League with Everton and is glad that there are four months before the next international break.
He said, “I don’t have a relationship with them.
“They are defending the Irish national team and I’m defending Everton.
“The next international break is in March.
“It’s time enough to focus on the Premier League and in March we will see how the Irish national team is.”
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Brands wants modern “manager” to replace Allardyce - May 23, 2018
- Blues could unveil new boss early next week - May 20, 2018
- 2018 World Cup: Which Toffees Will Light Up the Competition? - May 17, 2018
- A new Brands of football at Everton - May 17, 2018