Major Everton shareholder Farhad Moshiri says that he is happy with the squad that he has helped assemble at Goodison Park this summer.
Speaking to Jim White on Sky Sports News after Ross Barkley turned down a £35m move to Chelsea, Moshiri said that he was pleased with the signings that had been made but that they needed time to gel.
Moshiri said, “The two clubs agreed a deal of £35m and personal terms were agreed.
“After the medical we heard from Ross’ agent and he wanted to reconsider his position during the January window.
“He’s currently injured so I think, technically he will be with us because he’s under contract for another year.
“It’s a big surprise but this is football.
“It’s been a very busy transfer window. We’ve brought in a lot of new players.
“In attacking areas, the number 10 area, we have heavily strengthened. We’ve brought in a young striker in Sandro Ramirez.
“We want to give them time to gel and we’ll consider our position in the January window but we need some time for the 9 new players to gel.
“Bolassie and Coleman will be fit in October or November so it will be quite a strong squad. We might need a striker but we’ve brought in a young Croatian attacker.
“It’s quite a strong squad and we’re happy with the work we’ve done.
“We have a very good manager and we hope to finish at least in the top six.
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Silva: Poor decision cost us - September 23, 2018
- Davies: We put in a good shift - September 23, 2018
- Pickford: Training under Silva is much tougher than last year - September 23, 2018
- Walcott: I can enjoy greater things at Everton than at Arsenal - September 21, 2018