Everton boss Ronald Koeman has ruled himself out of contention for the Holland manager’s job despite being among the favourites to be the next Premier League manager sacked.
Koeman had been linked with the role after the Dutch failed to qualify for next summer’s World Cup, but said that his “long term” priority is at Everton.
That remains to be seen, as even if he is not sacked, Koeman has a habit of leaving jobs without fulfilling his contract.
He said, ‘I am not surprised they put my name is in because they did the same some years ago. I am not surprised. But I am Everton manager. That’s the most important and nothing else.
‘It’s not realistic now because we have other business to do with Everton.
‘We need to win, and we need to change our situation in the table. That starts this Sunday. That’s the priority for me for the long term.’
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Schneiderlin’s wife posts heartfelt message on Instagram - September 17, 2018
- Silva: We weren’t good enough - September 16, 2018
- Moyes: My Everton could have challenged for the Premier League - September 16, 2018
- Silva puts faith in youth - September 15, 2018