Speaking to Jim White on Talksport, Allardyce said there had been no contact with Everton, although Jim’s other employers continue to push the line.
It’s little wonder that the odds on Allardyce becoming Everton boss closed significantly once Sky had run the story, with their sister company Sky Bet no doubt taking customer’s money based on the story.
When asked if he’d heard anything regarding the Everton job, Allardyce said: “Nothing at the minute.
“ I haven’t [spoken with Farhad Moshiri],” but he admitted he would have to listen to the him if he did call.
“It’s like everything else, if somebody comes calling there’s the opportunity to speak, there’s no doubt about that.”
Sky are currently in the process of drumming up business for Sky Bet on Diego Simeone becoming Everton boss, with Evertonian and Sky employee Alan Myers pushing both stories on social media.
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Everton players hoping to book their places at the World Cup - March 22, 2018
- 40 points – now to call time on Allardyce - March 17, 2018
- Tosun relishing cold-weather games - March 17, 2018
- Tosun determined to keep on scoring for Everton - March 11, 2018