Everton have announced the signings of Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes from Barcelona in what are becoming more tolerable video announcements.
✍️ | Meanwhile in Barcelona… Signed and sealed. 🇨🇴🇵🇹 pic.twitter.com/NIIbP2tJ1I
— Everton (@Everton) August 9, 2018
The pair had been linked with moves to Everton and joining up with former team-mate Lucas Digne for several days now, and the Blues announced the signings just after the deadline closed this evening.
Everton manager Marco Silva said: “Mina is a quality player, a good defender, strong in the challenge and in the duels. He has good knowledge of the position he plays and he is good on the ball as well. He will contribute in the build-up play and will also be very strong at defensive and offensive set-pieces.”
Gomes joins on loan while Mina joins on a permanent move, and Gomes is happy to be working with Marco Silva.
“I’m delighted to sign for this fantastic club – it’s a good day for me,” said Gomes.
“Everton always was a big option for me, especially after speaking with the coach, Marco Silva.
“Every discussion we’ve had was very important in making me feel his confidence about my game.
“Everybody in Portugal knows how Marco Silva works and his abilities as a coach.
“For me, it was really good to speak to him because I know how good he is and I feel motivated to work with him and to play for Everton, a great club.”
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Silva slams second half failure - December 11, 2018
- Can Everton beat the December 10th hoodoo against Watford? - December 8, 2018
- Everton receive “outstanding” response to public consultation - December 8, 2018
- Silva not fazed by Watford visit - December 6, 2018