Everton boss Marco Silva says he won’t try to find excuses for his sides poor performances of late in a lack of transfer activity during the January transfer window.
Farhad Moshiri told shareholders earlier this month that he is not a fan of spending money in the January window, something which Evertonians are used to with former managers also following this logic.
Sam Allardyce splashed the cash in January last year, bringing in Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott, neither of whom are regarded as first team starters at the moment, despite the inflated fees paid.
But Silva says that he won’t try and hide behind the lack of transfer activity, and stated that he and the board have discussed what is needed and they will try and bring in the right targets in the summer.
Silva said: “I understand your question and maybe if you were here talking to a different manager it would be easy for him to find excuses.
“I’m not this type of coach.
When I’m here I am really involved with the club working with everyone. They know what my ideas are. They know what I want to do in our squad.
“They already know and of course if it is not possible now, let’s try in the summer.
“I did my homework with them, and of course I’m always in contact with our board.
“They know what my ideas are but it’s up to us as a club to decide if we can do it now or not. We have to look to the future to do what we cannot do now.”
Everton midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye has handed in a transfer request ahead of a move to Paris St Germain, which could free up funds for Silva to pay out if he finds the right target before Thursday evening’s deadline.
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Are these images the latest indication of how Everton’s new stadium will look? - February 15, 2019
- Blues extend retail partnership - February 15, 2019
- Come for the Everton Match, Stay for These Top Liverpool Destinations - February 12, 2019
- Davies: We dug in - February 9, 2019