The Liverpool Echo claim that Everton have confirmed their interest in Lille forward Nicolas Pepe as the Blues aim to add firepower during the transfer window.
Although no direct quotes are present, the Echo’s story matches what several sources are saying about Pepe, but his hefty price tag could be what eventually scuppers any Everton move.
The 24 year old left footer has been in action for Ivory Coast in the African Cup of Nations, so no contact is believed to have been made with the player, although Lille are thought to be encouraging further offers from Everton.
Pepe had been linked with a move to Liverpool, and Lille had apparently hoped to have a deal done with someone to sell Pepe before he went to the African Cup of Nations. Some sources had told us that Everton had bid for Pepe before the tournament, and Lille president Gerard Lopez had said, “We had two offers before the Africa Cup of Nations.
“We’ll see after that, my position was to see if we could not do something before it, we had two proposals before it, I had two clubs.”
Latest posts by NSNO Staff (see all)
- Digne happy with confidence boosting win - July 21, 2019
- Zouma set to hand in transfer request to push through Everton move - July 21, 2019
- Blues face stiff competition for Kean signing - July 20, 2019
- Silva could be ready to ditch Zouma pursuit - July 20, 2019